Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
That's a good time of year to be there. We did it last October.

Are you planning to camp? If so, where?

You've listed "Armor" and "Sliders" as requirements. Do you know yet which trails you're expecting to need this on?

Martin333

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate I

New Jersey, USA
First Name
Martin
Last Name
Kavanagh
Member #

Is this a trip a beginner could do? I have a 2017 Tacoma TRD Off Road Truck with OME 2 inch lift, BFG 265-75 -R16 Tires and front armor plate and sliders.

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

TacoMacs

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Louisville, KY, USA
First Name
DarinAndJen
Last Name
TacoMacs
Member #

We're interested but it doesn't seem like there is much activity from the original poster.

Martin333

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate I

New Jersey, USA
First Name
Martin
Last Name
Kavanagh
Member #

Yes, im curious as to why there is no reply. Maybe the trip is cancelled but he didn't post it yet?

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
It doesn't look like OP has any activity since March.

What do you guys think about creating your own? I'll be happy to help.

TacoMacs

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Louisville, KY, USA
First Name
DarinAndJen
Last Name
TacoMacs
Member #

We're going to go in October but prefer to roll with 1 or 2 other rigs. Our first time. Some key items we want to hit are Chicken Corners and a few other moderate trails. Definitely want to disperse camp. MAYBE one camp spot in Moab if we can reserve one for the first night upon arrival in Moab. Then spend the next three days exploring. We aren't heavy partiers, we're low key. Just want some good trails, good camp fire, good stories, and enjoy ourselves. Oh, but we definitely want to hit up Moab Brewery when in town. :) If any others are interested I can create an event. I'd like to be IN Moab by the evening of October 1st. We'll likely take a few days getting there, camping along the way. No big rush. So probably a meetup of 8am on 10/2 to start out with Chicken Corners and Moab Brewery that evening and then whatever exploration we care to do for the next few days. So likely 10/2 - 10/5.

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
We're going to go in October but prefer to roll with 1 or 2 other rigs. Our first time. Some key items we want to hit are Chicken Corners and a few other moderate trails. Definitely want to disperse camp. MAYBE one camp spot in Moab if we can reserve one for the first night upon arrival in Moab. Then spend the next three days exploring. We aren't heavy partiers, we're low key. Just want some good trails, good camp fire, good stories, and enjoy ourselves. Oh, but we definitely want to hit up Moab Brewery when in town. :) If any others are interested I can create an event. I'd like to be IN Moab by the evening of October 1st. We'll likely take a few days getting there, camping along the way. No big rush. So probably a meetup of 8am on 10/2 to start out with Chicken Corners and Moab Brewery that evening and then whatever exploration we care to do for the next few days. So likely 10/2 - 10/5.
That sounds like a great plan.

If you're not opposed to camping on the trail, look into that for chicken corners. That's what I want to do the next time I'm out there.

If you're into base camping, you can usually find something along Dalton Wells Road or Willow Springs road. The latter is actually a back way into arches national park.

zgfiredude

Rank VI

Steward I

Silt, CO, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Nichols
Member #

Service Branch
Firefighter
It doesn't look like there is much activity on either of these attempts..........but checking anyway. I think I may squeeze out some time off that week and am fishing around a bit.

Martin333

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate I

New Jersey, USA
First Name
Martin
Last Name
Kavanagh
Member #

I would like to join you on this trip. I've done a couple of off road training sessions in PA but I really want to do the trails around Moab and out west. It would be great to have some companions on my first attempt.

Contributor I

Casper, WY, USA
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Gillihan
We\'re going to go in October but prefer to roll with 1 or 2 other rigs. Our first time. Some key items we want to hit are Chicken Corners and a few other moderate trails. Definitely want to disperse camp. MAYBE one camp spot in Moab if we can reserve one for the first night upon arrival in Moab. Then spend the next three days exploring. We aren\'t heavy partiers, we\'re low key. Just want some good trails, good camp fire, good stories, and enjoy ourselves. Oh, but we definitely want to hit up Moab Brewery when in town. :) If any others are interested I can create an event. I\'d like to be IN Moab by the evening of October 1st. We\'ll likely take a few days getting there, camping along the way. No big rush. So probably a meetup of 8am on 10/2 to start out with Chicken Corners and Moab Brewery that evening and then whatever exploration we care to do for the next few days. So likely 10/2 - 10/5.
A couple of us from Wyoming and one from Washington will be down in the Moab valley sep27-oct8 in our 4runners.
We’ll be camping and crawling the area. We have back country permits for the maze oct 6-8th. Maybe you’d like to meet up?

Contributor I

Casper, WY, USA
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Gillihan
We\'re going to go in October but prefer to roll with 1 or 2 other rigs. Our first time. Some key items we want to hit are Chicken Corners and a few other moderate trails. Definitely want to disperse camp. MAYBE one camp spot in Moab if we can reserve one for the first night upon arrival in Moab. Then spend the next three days exploring. We aren\'t heavy partiers, we\'re low key. Just want some good trails, good camp fire, good stories, and enjoy ourselves. Oh, but we definitely want to hit up Moab Brewery when in town. :) If any others are interested I can create an event. I\'d like to be IN Moab by the evening of October 1st. We\'ll likely take a few days getting there, camping along the way. No big rush. So probably a meetup of 8am on 10/2 to start out with Chicken Corners and Moab Brewery that evening and then whatever exploration we care to do for the next few days. So likely 10/2 - 10/5.
A couple of us from Wyoming and one from Washington will be down in the Moab valley sep27-oct8 in our 4runners.
We’ll be camping and crawling the area. We have back country permits for the maze oct 6-8th. Maybe you’d like to meet up?

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
@TacoMacs & @Stellar&KabbodleAdventure ,

Maybe you guys could put together a small group meetup rally point? If so, let me know if I can help!

Several of us will be there mid Oct at the Moab Made Me Do It trip. Let us know if you're still in the area then.

Contributor I

Casper, WY, USA
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Gillihan
@TacoMacs & @Stellar&KabbodleAdventure ,

Maybe you guys could put together a small group meetup rally point? If so, let me know if I can help!

Several of us will be there mid Oct at the Moab Made Me Do It trip. Let us know if you're still in the area then.
Sure! I know we will be heading to Gobblin Vally on the 5th of Oct to stage for the Maze trip. After that we’ll be heading back north. if time allowed prior to that diversion hopefully we can meet.

mbcurtiss

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Lenexa, KS
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Curtiss
Member #

That\'s a good time of year to be there. We did it last October.

Are you planning to camp? If so, where?

You\'ve listed \"Armor\" and \"Sliders\" as requirements. Do you know yet which trails you\'re expecting to need this on?
Sorry for the delay with the reply. We are not camping; staying in Moab. I know we'll be on Shafer Canyon Rd, Fins n Things as well as West Valley Jeep Rd in Arches NP. I think Fins n Things warrants under body protection.

mbcurtiss

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Lenexa, KS
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Curtiss
Member #

Is this a trip a beginner could do? I have a 2017 Tacoma TRD Off Road Truck with OME 2 inch lift, BFG 265-75 -R16 Tires and front armor plate and sliders.
Sorry for the delay with the reply. Beginner; yes. I know we'll be on Shafer Canyon Rd, Fins n Things as well as West Valley Jeep Rd in Arches NP.

mbcurtiss

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Lenexa, KS
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Curtiss
Member #

Sorry for the delay with the replies. We are not camping; staying in Moab. I know we'll be on Shafer Canyon Rd, Fins n Things as well as West Valley Jeep Rd in Arches NP.