Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Springboro, Ohio, United States
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Nothing like having a nice sound system for those long trips on or off-road. Start adding mud terrains and roof racks and you need something to drown out the hums and whistles. I wanted the front bench seat in my Titan and had to forgo getting any factory audio upgrades because they all added a center console and my extra seat would vanish. My 2017 also had no rear view camera. Picked up truck last night - new sound system and back-up camera installed:

- Kenwood DDX8905S Head unit
- ALPINE PWES8 8" powered subs x2
- ALPINE XS69C 6x9 speakers x 2
- ALPINE SS65 6x5 speakers x 2
- CST-MRC300 Backup camera

All steering wheel controls work, looks great - sounds great and I haven't even gotten a chance to mess with equalizer and zone controls. Has Apple Car Play and Android Auto. They did have to use stock speaker brackets for the install, so junked the factory ones. The front doors were tough, but the speakers we chose fit just fine. The subs were just the right size to mount without blocking air flow to rear passengers. Will add a front camera at some point, just couldn't pull that off this round.

Pics below!

Stoked

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor III

Celina, Tx
Member #

How do you like the Alpine sub? I've been looking at something like that for my Land Cruiser. I don't need a lot of bass anymore, but a little would be nice.

Dirty Ape

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Springboro, Ohio, United States
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

How do you like the Alpine sub? I've been looking at something like that for my Land Cruiser. I don't need a lot of bass anymore, but a little would be nice.
I installed 2 - one under each seat and they are boomin. I'm an old DJ and have busted ears and bad listening habits - you should be fine with 1, and under the drivers seat would probably be a great spot to get what you need.

Reactions: Stoked

Stoked

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor III

Celina, Tx
Member #

I installed 2 - one under each seat and they are boomin. I'm an old DJ and have busted ears and bad listening habits - you should be fine with 1, and under the drivers seat would probably be a great spot to get what you need.
Great! I think you are right...one should be plenty. I just want a little more punch than I have with four 6.5's in the doors.

Reactions: Dirty Ape