Atlanta, GA 30315, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Ferguson
Member #

Service Branch
DisabledArmy Veteran
When I look at the APP, I see tons of people downtown ATL (I'm in Chosewood Park, just south of Grant Park) - Any groups meet up? Looking to connect with people, even just to say Hello/hang out. New to overland/offroad (because been raising kids for the last 18+ years)...

Reactions: Olyller

Honu

Rank IV

Traveler III

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Bernau
Member #

When I look at the APP, I see tons of people downtown ATL (I'm in Chosewood Park, just south of Grant Park) - Any groups meet up? Looking to connect with people, even just to say Hello/hang out. New to overland/offroad (because been raising kids for the last 18+ years)...
Saw the same; seems like the North GA thread is starting to get active but I'm surprised by the number of members in ATL and how quiet it is. Would definitely be up for creating a low key meetup at a local brewery. I know we have Skottles and Bottles, Ales and Overlands, etc. but something specifically for the OB members would be awesome.

Reactions: Olyller and RedHawk

RedHawk

Rank III
Launch Member

Member I

Atlanta, GA 30315, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Ferguson
Member #

Service Branch
DisabledArmy Veteran
Saw the same; seems like the North GA thread is starting to get active but I'm surprised by the number of members in ATL and how quiet it is. Would definitely be up for creating a low key meetup at a local brewery. I know we have Skottles and Bottles, Ales and Overlands, etc. but something specifically for the OB members would be awesome.
how do I find the groups you mentioned? Skottles and Bottles, Ales and Overlands, etc.

Reactions: Olyller

RedHawk

Rank III
Launch Member

Member I

Atlanta, GA 30315, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Ferguson
Member #

Service Branch
DisabledArmy Veteran
and FYI - I think I'm the only Royal Blue/Purple/Blue ZR2 in town (i.e. Laser Blue Metallic). I've seen other ZR2s, but not my color. Plus I have a truck cap.

Honu

Rank IV

Traveler III

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Bernau
Member #

how do I find the groups you mentioned? Skottles and Bottles, Ales and Overlands, etc.
They are more like car shows/expos but they primarily market on Facebook. Skottles and Bottles is at Sweetwater Brewing, Ales and Overlands is at Steady Hand Brewery. Both are free to attend.

Reactions: Olyller and RedHawk

EvolOne

Rank II

Traveler III

Sharpsburg, GA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Howard
Member #

Agreed on the car shows....unless the meetup occurs at the end of the trail! I would like to find a group to actually plan and go on regular excursions.