Atlanta Area Overlanders!

• HTML tutorial

Bryce Riordan

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey guys!

First timer here, just wanted to check in and say hello.

I'm somewhat new to the overland world, I come from a rock crawling and extreme off roading background i.e. My JK locked on 37's and my YJ on tons and 40's.

I have a 1997 4Runner with a bunch of goodies. Mainly a Tepui RTT and a tablet for GPS. I figure that can get me in enough trouble!

I would love to meet up with some members near me, I have a super cool shop located in Duluth for some meet ups if anyone would be interested.

Thanks again, glad to be apart of this awesome forum!

AdventureWithDanan

Local Expert, Florida USA
Investor

Pathfinder II

Safety Harbor, FL, USA
First Name
Danan
Last Name
Coleman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W3AWD
Service Branch
CERT
Howdy! Feel free to stop by the shop and hang out if you like!

I’m thinking about hosting a “shop party” soon where guys can bring their rigs and use the shop and my tools and expertise
That’s very generous of you!

If anyone wants to start a meetup, let me know! I’ll help promote it!

W G Scott

Rank I
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Georgia, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Midnightranger
Hey guys!

First timer here, just wanted to check in and say hello.

I'm somewhat new to the overland world, I come from a rock crawling and extreme off roading background i.e. My JK locked on 37's and my YJ on tons and 40's.

I have a 1997 4Runner with a bunch of goodies. Mainly a Tepui RTT and a tablet for GPS. I figure that can get me in enough trouble!

I would love to meet up with some members near me, I have a super cool shop located in Duluth for some meet ups if anyone would be interested.

Thanks again, glad to be apart of this awesome forum!
Hello I am WGScott I live in Covington Ga love to meet up at shop some time I just join the outfit my member number is 16281 see you out there

Reactions: Tony Patrignani

W G Scott

Rank I
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Georgia, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Midnightranger
Make sure some one in box me when the meeting start 16281 keep me in the loop y’all

Intrepid Cruiser

Rank IV
Founder 500
Investor

Enthusiast II

Duluth, Georgia
First Name
C. Leigh
Last Name
Culver
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KW4GR
Bryce, I'm in Duluth as well. I would be interested in meeting up with local area folks. I've been pondering organizing a local meet-up as well. Feel free to PM should you like to meet-up being that we are both in Duluth.

Charlie Goldberg

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Lilburn, GA, USA
First Name
Charlie
Last Name
Goldberg
Member #

I'm in Lilburn...probably going to Charlie's Creek around the end of the month if anyone is interested. Just went to Beasley Knob over the weekend and that was crazy.

Intrepid Cruiser

Rank IV
Founder 500
Investor

Enthusiast II

Duluth, Georgia
First Name
C. Leigh
Last Name
Culver
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KW4GR
Charlie, I was up there the week before last. Post when you are going and we can perhaps meet up.

Charlie Goldberg

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Lilburn, GA, USA
First Name
Charlie
Last Name
Goldberg
Member #

Charlie, I was up there the week before last. Post when you are going and we can perhaps meet up.
How was the trail? It’ll be my first time and probably bringing my 3 kids with me. I’ll be vacationing in that area from 7/20-7/27. Not sure on the exact date yet....

Intrepid Cruiser

Rank IV
Founder 500
Investor

Enthusiast II

Duluth, Georgia
First Name
C. Leigh
Last Name
Culver
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KW4GR
How was the trail? It’ll be my first time and probably bringing my 3 kids with me. I’ll be vacationing in that area from 7/20-7/27. Not sure on the exact date yet....
The trail is not bad. It has a nice water crossing at the beginning, or end, depending on which direction you are going. The trail is "busy" on the weekends and there is sometimes an issue with passing oncoming vehicles in the more narrow areas of the trail. Once you know a date PM me and I'll see if I can meet up with you.

Charlie Goldberg

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Lilburn, GA, USA
First Name
Charlie
Last Name
Goldberg
Member #

The trail is not bad. It has a nice water crossing at the beginning, or end, depending on which direction you are going. The trail is "busy" on the weekends and there is sometimes an issue with passing oncoming vehicles in the more narrow areas of the trail. Once you know a date PM me and I'll see if I can meet up with you.
Nice! Will do

BigDawg308

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Cumming, Georgia, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Young
Member #

Howdy, new member here from Cumming, GA. I did Charlie's Creek for the first time last weekend. It wasn't too bad with traffic in the morning, but then a ton of Jeeps showed up, and it was traffic jam central. Still fun, though.

AdventureWithDanan

Local Expert, Florida USA
Investor

Pathfinder II

Safety Harbor, FL, USA
First Name
Danan
Last Name
Coleman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W3AWD