At Echo 4x4 Factory in S Africa checking out trailers before placing an order

• HTML tutorial

Enthusiast II

Calgary
Member #

Am here for a few more days checking out the Tec5, Tec2 & Chobe off-road camping trailer by Echo 4x4 and will be placing an order that will arrive in Calgary Alberta, April 2018. Am very impressed with what I have seen so far, looking forward to the full factory tour tomorrow. The attention to detail on these trailers is unbelievable and after comparing many manufacturers I am very happy to have chosen to be the distributor for these in Canada. Here are a few photos, tomorrow if it is not raining to hard I will be setting up and tearing down 2 of the models to take more detailed photos so people can have the best understanding of what they offer. If you have any questions on them do not hesitate to ask, I truly appreciate the Overland lifestyle and am looking forward to being more a part of this community.

Enthusiast II

Calgary
Member #

A few more photos today of the Tec5 and Chobe models, Tec5 is less than 1300lbs dry offers full comfort in the field with full electrical, hot water on demand, fridge/freezer, well thought out storage and sleeping for up to 7. Not shown in photos the add a room for 2 more adults to sleep, optional side walls that fully enclose the awning around the trailer offering comfort no matter what the weather brings. And the shower attachment, it is shown in the Chobe pictures next.

Reactions: DK_XV

Enthusiast II

Calgary
Member #

I have decided to import the Chobe model as well, it is the Cadillac of trailers and offers comfort for a family at less than 1700lbs, so MPG won't be hit to hard getting to those hard to get to places. It is shown with the optional shower attachment, and does offer full walls to enclose the awning as well, these are not shown. Also the tents/awning we are importing include a fire retardent material so will be more army green/tan in color, not like what is shown.

Enthusiast II

Calgary
Member #

More pictures of the Chobe after setting it up today to get a better feel for it. Easy to pull up anywhere and pull out just the kitchen with or without the awning for rain/sun to have a quick meal with the family before resuming the journey. Some great features including several rain gutters to keep moisture out. Able to jack up the vehicle without using a jack if you need to change a flat. Note the body will be army tan color and the awning and side walls will be army olive green color, not like what is shown.

Reactions: DK_XV

Enthusiast II

Calgary
Member #

Met several of Echo 4x4's customers getting ready to head out camping, very nice rigs, some set up with trailers others with Echo 4x4's roof top tents and 270 degree awnings. We will be bringing in the roof top tents and awnings as well.

Enthusiast II

Calgary
Member #

Pictures of their 270 degree awning set up, these are manufactured in S Africa not China, I had a chance to tour the factory yesterday and was very impressed with what I saw.

Enthusiast II

Calgary
Member #

A few more photos of the Tec5 showing how it can be quickly set-up to access the fridge for a cold one or cook a meal for family and friends before continuing the adventure.

ob4838

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Utah
Member #

They look awesome, I better get some lotto tix s. And plan a trip to check out these beasts. Great pictures

Sent from my SM-G900T using OB Talk mobile app

Enthusiast II

Calgary
Member #

The Tec2 comes well equipped for Canadian $29,995.00, which would be approximately in US dollars $23,695.00 depending on exchange rates. The Tec5 comes well equipped for Canadian $39,995.00 which would be approximately in US dollars $31,495.00, depending on exchange rates. So for what is being offered they are priced very well.

OCWanderer

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Irvine, CA
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Wright
Member #

I get it. They're awesome, but that's more than I paid for my rig. More power to you. I think they're incredible and would love to have one. O's have to spend a lot more time in the woods to justify it to myself.

Sent from my SM-G920V using OB Talk mobile app