Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

British, english? Well from our point of view, we say so english brits, and brits to english and hardly say the united kingdom.
And yes we know the difference, but we dont use the difference.

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
British, english? Well from our point of view, we say so english brits, and brits to english and hardly say the united kingdom.
And yes we know the difference, but we dont use the difference.
ive never been called either in my life and i asure you ive done quite a few miles and met and worked with a lot a nations and quite a few dutch lads who i allways found very pleasent ,
I detect what my granfarther called a chip on your shoulder it seems you have a destain For my country i wont dwell on it we get it quite alot Good day

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
Taken from a stone ,

To the people of Gelderland ,50 years ago British and polish airborne soldiers fought here against overwhelming odds to open the way into Germany and bring the war to an early end , Instead we brought death and destruction for Which you have never blamed us , This stone marks are admiration for your great courage remembering especially the women who tendered our wounded , In the long winter that followed your families risked death by hiding allied soldiers and airmen while members of the resistance led many to safety , You took us then into your homes as fugitives and Friends we took you into our hearts , This strong bond will continue long after we are all gone

Lest we forget BnT

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Due things that happened at Bad Kissingen Iam if possible available to show people around during the Airborne event.
Possible is just which date or how long.
And what you like to see.

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
I have not been on the site for a good while recent events took pridence , Robert thank you for making your self availible sorry i never seen your offer , members of my family have made the trip and have been carrying out practise jumps all week , i will not be attending Gutted but other thing come first bnt

Nomad164

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Rockingham, Western Australia, Australia
First Name
Karl
Last Name
Fehlauer
Member #

My old man was in the Battle for Arnhem - he was on the anti-aircraft guns surrounding Arnhem Bridge throughout the entire battle.

A guy I know in our Navy (Aussie) - his mother was a young girl in Arnhem and during the battle she was in house about 100m from the bridge and could see the German soldiers on the anti aircraft guns - so quite possibly she saw my father throughout the battle.

Dad came to Australia in 1948 :grin:

I hope to get there for a visit in the next few years.

Karl

caspoint220

local Expert, West Europe
Launch Member

Steward I

Biblical Garden, Elgin, Scotland IV30 1HU, United Kingdom
First Name
Steve
Last Name
W
Member #

I have not been on the site for a good while recent events took pridence , Robert thank you for making your self availible sorry i never seen your offer , members of my family have made the trip and have been carrying out practise jumps all week , i will not be attending Gutted but other thing come first bnt
Hope your doing well mate, @Polaris Overland ,me and a few others noticed you have been quiet, if you need anything give us a shout mate.