Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
What’s the actual dates and I’ll start planning and set up a rally point event for everyone to rsvp.
I think Mid Europe guys might also be interested so I’ll share it as a europe platform.

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
What’s the actual dates and I’ll start planning and set up a rally point event for everyone to rsvp.
I think Mid Europe guys might also be interested so I’ll share it as a europe platform.
Seeing my cuz tomo ill get the dates and any info on the jump think its ex para only
This is the last tango as thier getting thin on the ground ,

Reactions: Polaris Overland

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
Same as D Day - 75th this year, not many left now :cry:
My cuz ranG me today i told him the location of the D DAY MARSHALLING SHIP. SIRINDA , SHES IN THE MUD AT HESWALL. CRYING SHAME. there is talk of refloating her. The part she played in the beach landings she deserves better

nickburt

Rank VII
Launch Member

Creator III

Wallasey, Wirral. UK
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Burt
Member #

My cuz ranG me today i told him the location of the D DAY MARSHALLING SHIP. SIRINDA , SHES IN THE MUD AT HESWALL. CRYING SHAME. there is talk of refloating her. The part she played in the beach landings she deserves better
Do tell more - I live not far from Heswall.

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
image.jpeg
Do tell more - I live not far from Heswall.
Go to shelldrakes drive along to the slipway from boat yard stand with your back to the boat yard and look over to your right tomorrow is perfect big tide sirinda was the. Little ship used by the alies to command the beach landings as she was a double diagnle hull pitch pine on oak with two massive engines she could travel at speed from beach head to beach head. Ill get a photo up

Last edited:

nickburt

Rank VII
Launch Member

Creator III

Wallasey, Wirral. UK
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Burt
Member #

Definately a good chance we could come down for September. Although June is D-Day we already have commitments to a Roof Tent Festival in Belgium and The Abentuer Allrad for June.
D Day this year is going to be very special. Daks over Normandy. D-Day is one of the reasons I never get to Abentuer, never been able to string a month long trip in June together ...
Will be looking to try for a few days in Sept to Arnhem though. Would be good to tack a few days in Bastogne onto it. But, as always at the moment, work may well be the priority.

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

You wouldnt like the local knowledge.
More and more mr Montgomery is falling off his pedestal.
I visited the Airborne Museum several times. Very much worth it. And the stories arent as black and white as we were thought at school.
Stanisław Franciszek Sosabowski the Polish commander, with his company, who was blamed for the disaster is for us way more a hero.
I know the surroundings of Arnhem, have a nice little tour around Arnhem.
My knowledge of Market Garden isnt big, but I guess very different to what you english know about it.
I read the story about the role of the dutch resistance in this matter.
So, if you like to know the truth about Market Garden, you just nog come to Arnhem, you start in Brabant and follow the Liberation Route.
And I give you the details about why the operation was doomed to fail.

And dont misunderstand me. I am very happy the Allied forces won. As I wouldnt live now otherwise. But, I also know what went wrong.
And I just look to the matter from a dutch point of view, at least from the dutchies who have a bit more interests in this matter as celebrating one day a year.

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
image.jpeg
I visited the Airborne Museum several times. Very much worth it. And the stories arent as black and white as we were thought at school.
Stanisław Franciszek Sosabowski the Polish commander, with his company, who was blamed for the disaster is for us way more a hero.
My knowledge of Market Garden isnt big, but I guess very different to what you english know about it.
So, if you like to know the truth about Market Garden, you just nog come to Arnhem, you start in Brabant and follow the Liberation Route.

And dont misunderstand me. I am very happy the Allied forces won. As I wouldnt live now otherwise. But, I also know what went wrong.
And I just look to the matter from a dutch point of view, at least from the dutchies who have a bit more interests in this matter as celebrating one day a year.[/. THIS MAY COME AS A SHOCK we know what went wrong. Its common knoledge we dont travel to visit for jingoism but topay respect to our fallen country men who in euroupes darkest days stood up and Fought for the freedoms i enjoy to day. Just thought you might like to meet up. The para reg give us all the information and historical facts even the TRUTH WE KNOW WHY IT FAILED AND ALL SO THE BRAVERY OF THE ALIED AIRBOUNE DIVISIONS ARNIEM IS HELD IN HIGH REGARD BY THE PARA REG NOT AS A VICTORY BUT FOR THE PARA SPIRIT THE NEVER GIVE IN MENTALITY THATS WHY WERE ATTENDING MIGHT EVEN-HAVE OUR BLUE PASSPORTS BY THEN BUY YOU A BEER IF YOUR AROUND

Last edited:

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
image.gif image.jpeg View attachment 87643 View attachment 87643 The people i am traverling with are D DAY and the days that followed historians the whole Theater is massive but my interest is pegersus bridge , operation DEADSTICK Major john howard. 6th airborne , beds n bucks , To families and regimetal assosations these sites are speacial LEST WE FORGET THE SACRIFICE OF THE BRAVE ,

Last edited:

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade

And I just look to the matter from a dutch point of view, at least from the dutchies who have a bit more interests in this matter as celebrating one day a year.
Oh and just a little point ITS BRITISH Flags you will see on the grave stones in our cemeterys Looked after by the BRITISH AND COMMONWEALTH WAR GRAVE COMMISION :wink:. not english