Armada vs Land cruiser

• HTML tutorial
That explains it. Older generation Armada. No relation to the Y62.
Y62 has a low range t case

So his was an '04. When he picked it up it was 8 years old and had ~90k on the clock. So who knows if someone else had messed around with it.

Interesting... pretty sure his was only a 5-speed automatic, had 3.36 final drive.

I know there is one hill we go down regularly and his rig would hit 7-8 mph down it and I had input some throttle to get mine to 3 mph. Now he did have slightly larger tires at the time and I was on stock size but it should not have made that much a difference.

Many Toyotas are made in the US but not the 4Runner. It is in Toyota's Tahara or Hino plants in Japan.
Tacoma, I believe, is a domestic product along with Tundra.

Most Lexus, if not all, are made in Japan.
GX470, 460, Land Cruiser are all made in Japan.

You do know that Toyota is now made in the US right?

Louiston

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

USA
First Name
Lou
Last Name
N/A
Many Toyotas are made in the US but not the 4Runner. It is in Toyota's Tahara or Hino plants in Japan.
Tacoma, I believe, is a domestic product along with Tundra.

Most Lexus, if not all, are made in Japan.
GX470, 460, Land Cruiser are all made in Japan.
And all FJ Cruisers were/are built at the Hino plant in Japan. :smile:

EXPO_D1

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Bakersfield, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Coyle
Member #

Watching 4WD 24-7 saw this and thought of this thread. (used the app hope the photos are visible.) check out 4wd 24-7 latest video on yt
@25:07

Attachments

Last edited:

stevehayes01

Rank 0

Contributor I

Jacksonville, FL
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Hayes
While the stock NA/US 4WD 2nd Gen Armada may not be a GX or LC it has its place. Have a look at the thread over on Expedition Portal and with some money you can do anything. But with the Ironman 4x4 Lift and long throw struts and upper control arms you can handle the articulation issues. ARB has front and rear lockers available for the Gen 2 aramda's and gearing is available for the diff. Crawl ratio is on par with the LC and Jeeps so no worries there. If you pick up a used SV or SL 4wd armada for 28K and add another 4-5 K and you have a pretty capable rig in my opinion. It will never compete with a solid front axle vehicle like a Jeep or classic 4wd's but it can be greatly improved.

Attachments

rho

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

SF bae area
First Name
Juliette
Last Name
Penning
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG6YB
Interesting thread. A friend of mine is picking up a first gen Armada 4x4 and she's interested in some of the more mellow stuff out here in CA, Desert exploring, Death Valley, etc. I didn't see a ton of options for the first Gen Armadas, but the front end on them is the same as a Titan, yah? Not sure what to do about the rear on it though...