gwomack97

Rank 0

Contributor I

Arkansas, USA
First Name
Guy
Last Name
Womack
Hey guys, this is my first post so if i say anything stupid or not kosher I apologize, just let me know. I'm just now getting into overlanding and I'm looking for some places in the arklatex area for some weekend trips just to really figure out what I need/want. I sure appreciate it, thanks.

Mitch65

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Akron, Ohio
First Name
Mitch
Last Name
DiMauro
Member #

I wish I knew that area but I can’t help with that. I’m sure someone will chime in soon. Welcome to the group!

Kevin Chase Claypool

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Tyler, TX
Member #

Hey guys, this is my first post so if i say anything stupid or not kosher I apologize, just let me know. I'm just now getting into overlanding and I'm looking for some places in the arklatex area for some weekend trips just to really figure out what I need/want. I sure appreciate it, thanks.
Hey man good to have ya. I'm part of the East Texas Jeep Club, we're planning an overland trip next week to North Central AR to do a high watermark trail

We have a couple folks who are part of the club from around the ArkLaTex area. Get in touch with Ray and he'll get you all set up.

Kevin Chase Claypool

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Tyler, TX
Member #

We're also headed to the Ozarks for some "High Watermark". May 28-31.
Where are y'all coming in from? East Texas Jeep club has to cancel this week's trip due to the amount of rain they're forecasting, but we were trying to reschedule and possibly do it at the same time (28-31).

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

I think your home state has the best places in the area. Many "overlanders" from Oklahoma and East Texas head to Arkansas for their adventures in the Ozark and Ouachita National forest.

Fred25246

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Louisiana
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Nolan
Where are y'all coming in from? East Texas Jeep club has to cancel this week's trip due to the amount of rain they're forecasting, but we were trying to reschedule and possibly do it at the same time (28-31).
Central Louisiana. Should be about 6-8 Jeeps in our group. This is our first trip, hoping for good weather.

gwomack97

Rank 0

Contributor I

Arkansas, USA
First Name
Guy
Last Name
Womack
Thanks all for the replies. This Corona mess has got me working odd days and hours until late summer so I'm hesitant to try and meet anyone. I definitely do appreciate it though. And here I'm going to show my ignorance, but what is a high watermark trail?

Fred25246

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Louisiana
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Nolan
High Watermark is kinda a made up name for any series of trails in the Ozarks. The NFS changes what trails are legal based on property owners and land boundaries annually therefore the High Watermark trail changes annually. Basically it's whatever rout you plan/take. A High Watermark map download you find on Google from last year my not be legal this year.