Arkansas

• HTML tutorial

theBROFESSOR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Conway, Arkansas
Member #

Just bought my FJ Cruiser this past month and really am excited to get involved in this. Just wondering if anyone knows about Arkansas and where we are able to go. I have found some information on Ozark Overland Trail. I don't have many mods on my FJ just yet but want to get out and explore. Is this area too much for a stock vehicle?

JK72450

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Arkansas
Just bought my FJ Cruiser this past month and really am excited to get involved in this. Just wondering if anyone knows about Arkansas and where we are able to go. I have found some information on Ozark Overland Trail. I don't have many mods on my FJ just yet but want to get out and explore. Is this area too much for a stock vehicle?

I thought the Ozark Overland Trail was a hiking trail that sometimes follows a road you can drive on. That's my experience anyway. I drove part of it back in December 2016. Start at Woolum Ford (Google it). You cross the Buffalo there. Very shallow (less than 1ft). Absolutely beautiful drive from there. Old barns, cemeteries, bluffs etc. We even saw an Elk. Very easy in a stock vehicle. The only drawback is that about 6-10 miles in you have to cross the river at a deeper spot (see pic). I wouldn't risk it in a stock vehicle. The good part is that you can always turn around and explore that area. There's enough stuff around to keep you satisfied for a day. Woolum also has a good campsite. Get with me if you want GPS or more info. JKjk72450.png