Arkansas Ozark National Forest Brock Creek Trails

• HTML tutorial

theBROFESSOR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Conway, Arkansas
Member #

If you want a challenging and beautiful drive try out the Brock Creek Trails in upper central Arkansas. The Big Piney District is situated in the Ozark National Forest and offers many things that we love. The trail system provides 42 miles of OHV trails for your off road pleasure. It has a main trail and then offers sub trails that are for the more experienced drivers filled with rock climbs and creek beds, mud pits etc. It is for all levels of drivers. There are trails designated specifically for high clearance vehicles only.

IMG_4260.JPG

The Zing trailhead is the main trail and all trails begin here. Lattitude 35.536206 Longitude -92.803724 At the trailhead is an unloading and parking area. The trail is marked. Along the Forrest Rd 1334 are several campsite areas and also along the trail itself.

The pathways are narrow at times. Several times I encountered mudholes that did not have an area to go around and the trails were not maintained. They were full of trees, sticks, rocks etc. I actually got a limb stabbed through my tire while trying to avoid one of the mud holes.

To the south of the trailhead there is a nice lake with more trails around it with a small camping area. I plan on going back here several times to find more fishing areas.

IMG_4263.JPG

I will post a link and also upload a file for those wanting to see the trails and have more information. This is about 70 miles from my home.

http://www.exploretheozarksonline.com/activities/parksnature/nationalforests/ozark/bigpiney/brochures/BrockCreekLake.pdf

I hope more people from Arkansas will post their places of choice so that we all can share out adventures together.

Attachments

MS_Disco

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Madison, MS
Member #

If you want a challenging and beautiful drive try out the Brock Creek Trails in upper central Arkansas. The Big Piney District is situated in the Ozark National Forest and offers many things that we love. The trail system provides 42 miles of OHV trails for your off road pleasure. It has a main trail and then offers sub trails that are for the more experienced drivers filled with rock climbs and creek beds, mud pits etc. It is for all levels of drivers. There are trails designated specifically for high clearance vehicles only.

View attachment 38502

The Zing trailhead is the main trail and all trails begin here. Lattitude 35.536206 Longitude -92.803724 At the trailhead is an unloading and parking area. The trail is marked. Along the Forrest Rd 1334 are several campsite areas and also along the trail itself.

The pathways are narrow at times. Several times I encountered mudholes that did not have an area to go around and the trails were not maintained. They were full of trees, sticks, rocks etc. I actually got a limb stabbed through my tire while trying to avoid one of the mud holes.

To the south of the trailhead there is a nice lake with more trails around it with a small camping area. I plan on going back here several times to find more fishing areas.

View attachment 38503

I will post a link and also upload a file for those wanting to see the trails and have more information. This is about 70 miles from my home.

http://www.exploretheozarksonline.com/activities/parksnature/nationalforests/ozark/bigpiney/brochures/BrockCreekLake.pdf

I hope more people from Arkansas will post their places of choice so that we all can share out adventures together.
We try to hit Ark a few times a year, adding that to our list. Thanks!!

OB#3799

theBROFESSOR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Conway, Arkansas
Member #

I plan on getting up there again very soon. If this weekend is warm and sunny we will be on the motorcycles up around Mt View seeing some fall foliage, but if its cooler and wet we will be up in the Big Piney area again doing some exploring!

Reactions: Stone74