AnthonyD1978

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Prescott, AZ, USA
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
D
This is what's known as "Castle Creek Road to Cleator". I'd rate it Moderate High depending on what paths you take. High ground clearance and 4wd would be fine here. Anything beyond that just makes it much easier. Wider vehicles be aware of the drop offs and small wash outs on the edges.

Decided to take the PW a little south and do some exploring. I wanted to check out the streams since we've been getting some light/rain and snow. Ran across a Wrangler and TRD Tundra on the same trail. The Jeep seemed to handle it fine other than having to take some different lines than me because he had slight traction issues. He was able to go faster since it could just bounce down with not weighing as much as me. Also he didn't have to do as many 3 point turns as me haha.

The Tundra did no fair as well. It looked bone stock and lost both its sidesteps that day. It just didn't have the clearance or tires to get through undamaged. It had took some big hits underneath.

My PW took some hits to the sliders and saved me big time on a tight left hander against a rock wall where I had to do a small pivot off the slider. There was one section that PW was just too wide and heavy for. I feared it might roll so I reversed back and took a bypass. The Jeep might have been able to do it, but I don't think he had the articulation to keep the Jeep supported. Oh and once again the front camera with the tire path saved me a lot of time.

Plan for it to be an all day trail if you do the whole thing. I'm going to return to camp down by the stream next time. If you're in Arizona it's worth the visit.

Here are some highlights. Sorry for the music. It's better than hearing my son and I chat about random things.

AnthonyD1978

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Prescott, AZ, USA
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
D
I also forgot to mention.
I split my sidewall on my 35s. Just a surface cut in the rubber so I'm sure any other tire would have done the same. Cords are fine and still holds air. If I was not aired down it might have cut all the way through.

I'll vulcanize it and trade it out with my spare.

IMG_0730.jpg