Launch Member

Advocate II

Okotoks, AB
First Name
Stephane
Last Name
Fortin
Member #

So I had the cutest question asked this morning. As I pulled into a parking lot I noticed a little boy point at my Jeep to his mom. When I got out, the little boy asked "are you a GI Joe?" I replied, "why do you ask if I am a GI Joe? His answer was "because you drive an army truck loaded with gear" I then said "I love GI Joe, but I am an Overlander". The little boy gave me the most confused look. I then quickly responded with "An Overlander is a tactical division of GI Joe where we go ahead of the troops to explore remote locations to make sure Cobra hasn't occupied that area yet" He gave me a high five with a "that's awesome! That's what I want to do when I grow up, mom!"

I will remember this for a long time! Too cute!

Get Out! Life is Good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Very cool! I'm surprised in this day, his mother let him talk to you that much. You really made his day!

Cappy410

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Okotoks, AB
First Name
Stephane
Last Name
Fortin
Member #

Very cool! I'm surprised in this day, his mother let him talk to you that much. You really made his day!
Go, Joe!

Get Out! Life is Good!

Mike W

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Ankeny, IA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

It is crazy to me that kids even know what that is. Did they reboot the cartoons? (I have girls, 5 and 6... so I don't have any context).

Cappy410

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Okotoks, AB
First Name
Stephane
Last Name
Fortin
Member #

It is crazy to me that kids even know what that is. Did they reboot the cartoons? (I have girls, 5 and 6... so I don't have any context).
Yes, they have it on Cartoon Retro and they did 2 new movies.

Get Out! Life is Good!

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

That is a good laugh, but also a very good answer. I love that one.
GI Joe isnt that popular over here. We do see those kind of cartoons, and I am a big fan of cartoons. But the kids in the street? Bah.
So, I think I will be flattered when a Kid says are you a GI Joe.

Thanks for sharing.

Cappy410

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Okotoks, AB
First Name
Stephane
Last Name
Fortin
Member #

We are very friendly people, we are Canadians, eh!

Get Out! Life is Good!

Reactions: Steve

TreXTerra

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Salt Lake City, Utah
Member #

So I had the cutest question asked this morning. As I pulled into a parking lot I noticed a little boy point at my Jeep to his mom. When I got out, the little boy asked "are you a GI Joe?" I replied, "why do you ask if I am a GI Joe? His answer was "because you drive an army truck loaded with gear" I then said "I love GI Joe, but I am an Overlander". The little boy gave me the most confused look. I then quickly responded with "An Overlander is a tactical division of GI Joe where we go ahead of the troops to explore remote locations to make sure Cobra hasn't occupied that area yet" He gave me a high five with a "that's awesome! That's what I want to do when I grow up, mom!"

I will remember this for a long time! Too cute!

Get Out! Life is Good!

"Now you know, and knowing is half the battle."

Last edited:
Reactions: Teague and Cappy410

TexX14

Rank V
Launch Member

Creator III

Lufkin,TX
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Conrad
Member #

That is to cool! I want to be that when I grow up also.