Splendora, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
Army Vet
I was out camping at the beach a few weeks ago, and had a little mishap with my ARB 2500 Awning. The wind really started to get strong, so I decided to take down my ARB awning room. The intend was to put less stress on my ARB Awning. In the process: a strong gust of wind grabbed the room, and bent my ARB awning Arm.

I called ARB today, to get a part number for the replacement arm. I had expected to pay for the new arm. They transferred me to technical support. After speaking to the Tech, he decided that this should be a warranty repair. That I was taking every precaution to avoid damage. That sometimes these things happen. He shipped a replacement arm, at no cost.

I'm extremely impressed with ARB USA Customer support. I didn't want such a good experience to go unnoticed, so I decided to share with the larger OB Family. Have other had good (or bad) experiences with ARB products and customer support. In my experience, they have never failed to stand behind their products.

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
That reminded me of the time Adam of Let's Not Panic had a little dance with their ARB awning in heavy wind. If I recall, they had a similar experience with ARB during their replacement request.

This clip still cracks me up:

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
ARB does have a great customer service dept, in the USA> The ARB bull bar in my avatar was put in by a nationally known company here in Las Vegas, and really shortcut the process. They misplaced the Licence plate bracket, which if you can find it, is not cheap $25?. I called ARB, and believe i also talked to Jeff. When he was able to source the part 1.5 weeks later, he sent it out to me free of charge. When I opened the box,...surprise.... he had sent the fitting kit, minus the bumper brackets. A $100 piece of kit with spare shackle points w /their backing nuts, along with the turn signal kit $40 option. So yes, sometimes price is not as important as a companies customer service dept.

PS: When i had the install done, the mechanic managed to break off both front parking light mounting tabs, and had used a bit of electricians tape to wedge them tight into place. 2 weeks later i had one come loose. 3 weeks later the other came loose. Both these lamps had recently been bought to replace the OEM's that after repeated cleanings, were just too oxidized. Luckily Amazon had offered these for under $18, and i just replaced them on my dime as I had gone back the next day when i noticed that the bumper was only attached by 2 bolts on each side(4 total) It should have had the pinning bolts 2x plus another on each side done. So 8 total bolts to be done properly.

Reactions: Boort