ARB snorkel install question...

• HTML tutorial

xTyx

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Francisco
Member #

Considering finally installing the ARB snorkel for my 2012 FJ cruiser. What would be an average install price for it? I dont have the correct tools to do it myself, so im forced to have it installed. I called 4wheelparts and they quoted me $700. Any help is appreciated!

JoeyLuck

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Fallbrook, CA, USA
First Name
Joey
Last Name
Luck
Member #

$700!!!!! Holy shit! That seems crazy to me. It does take some time, but isn't what I'd call hard at all. I'd check some local 4x4 shops in the area, because I'm sure you could find a better price than them. Any Overland shops in that area?

Reactions: xTyx

xTyx

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Francisco
Member #

$700!!!!! Holy shit! That seems crazy to me. It does take some time, but isn't what I'd call hard at all. I'd check some local 4x4 shops in the area, because I'm sure you could find a better price than them. Any Overland shops in that area?
Right? That sounded a bit steep for me. Just asking so i know what the ballpark decent price is.

Btw... im from CH myself! Off of Peyton Dr. and Tall oak! hahah

Reactions: JoeyLuck

JoeyLuck

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Fallbrook, CA, USA
First Name
Joey
Last Name
Luck
Member #

Right? That sounded a bit steep for me. Just asking so i know what the ballpark decent price is.

Btw... im from CH myself! Off of Peyton Dr. and Tall oak! hahah
No shit!! I live off the 71 and Butterfield Ranch.

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

No
Member #

Considering finally installing the ARB snorkel for my 2012 FJ cruiser. What would be an average install price for it? I dont have the correct tools to do it myself, so im forced to have it installed. I called 4wheelparts and they quoted me $700. Any help is appreciated!
That seems outrageous. I’d buy a drill and the necessary sized hole saw and bits and save $600 myself...

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

nickburt

Rank VII
Launch Member

Creator III

Wallasey, Wirral. UK
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Burt
Member #

Ouch, that's expensive for 1/2 day's work, even if it includes the purchase price of the snorkel.
If you're handy with the spanners, DIY and save a fortune, plus get the kudos of "I did that myself".

family-overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Konstanz, Germany
First Name
phil
Last Name
mädler
Member #

Ohh s**t 700$ are those guys serious? i have planned to do it by myself over the christmas holidays.

Gesendet von iPhone mit OB Talk

xTyx

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Francisco
Member #

I just got an email from Demello Offroad...my bumpers came in AND they are willing to do the snorkel install for $350! So i can take care of everything all in one go! Not going to be ordering anything from 4wheelparts for a long time.