Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

utspoolup

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member III

Murray Utah
Member #

I assume that is a 100 suitcase? If so, how does everything hold a charge? I still cant beleive the market these with a 20 or 30 watt panel. It would never charge if you use a decent amount of power (like our fridge).

FYI I just picked up a yeti 400 as well for my ARB and camping power, going to be a lot nicer than the Honda EU2000 I use to carry. I found that there is 10 or so watt less draw if you use the DC instead of the AC. Really not that bad of a conversion inefficiency but curious what type of run times/ solar charge levels/ battery levels you are seeing.

I ended up going with a 105 fold-able due to space concerns in my rig. The panel will be here Tuesday so I can play around with it more.

Keep us updated and looks good man.

Cayenne

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Union City, CA 94587
Member #

I assume that is a 100 suitcase? If so, how does everything hold a charge? I still cant beleive the market these with a 20 or 30 watt panel. It would never charge if you use a decent amount of power (like our fridge).

FYI I just picked up a yeti 400 as well for my ARB and camping power, going to be a lot nicer than the Honda EU2000 I use to carry. I found that there is 10 or so watt less draw if you use the DC instead of the AC. Really not that bad of a conversion inefficiency but curious what type of run times/ solar charge levels/ battery levels you are seeing.

I ended up going with a 105 fold-able due to space concerns in my rig. The panel will be here Tuesday so I can play around with it more.

What kind of panel your ordered? And how are you going to connect the panel with the Goal zero (goal zero is out of stock for the Mc4 to 8 mm)? I also thinking to buy one panel and extra battery to chain.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

utspoolup

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member III

Murray Utah
Member #

RyanRanger

Rank IV
Launch Member

Creator III

Albuquerque, New Mexico
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Jones
Member #

Yes, the yeti I chose was for the kWh calculations I can monitor throughout the day. My fridge runs between 8-10 kWh when the motor is off and about 55-60 kWh when cooling motor is on.

The goal zero briefcase is 100 watt, which does kept the yeti topped off throughout the day and night. I have yet to get below 60% yeti life 7pm to 7am the next morning. However I should mention it's high desert so temps cool down night which allow the fridge motor to rest more then run

RyanRanger

Rank IV
Launch Member

Creator III

Albuquerque, New Mexico
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Jones
Member #

What kind of panel your ordered? And how are you going to connect the panel with the Goal zero (goal zero is out of stock for the Mc4 to 8 mm)? I also thinking to buy one panel and extra battery to chain.

I could have gone with the 100w blanket or the new 100w briefcase (half the price) both use the 8mm connectors but goal zero does have adapters online. I also recommend at minimum the 6ft extension cord. I use the 30ft but it does draw some power due to length but plenty to keep the yeti charging. Something like 70 kWh incoming down to like 60 kWh.