ARB Fridge - Connect to 2nd Battery in Dual System?

• HTML tutorial

johnO

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor II

Portland, OR
First Name
John
Last Name
Olivier
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7BXG
Hey all - sorry if this has been covered somewhere ... looked around and didn't see this specific answer. I have a dual battery system (OGE) and an ARB Fridge with wiring harness. Going to hard wire to the back wheel well. I know I need to connect direct to the battery ... I'm assuming it should be directly to the deep cycle second battery and not to the starter battery, but wanted to see how others have done it. Thanks!

John

trailhunter

Rank III

Traveler I

US
Hey all - sorry if this has been covered somewhere ... looked around and didn't see this specific answer. I have a dual battery system (OGE) and an ARB Fridge with wiring harness. Going to hard wire to the back wheel well. I know I need to connect direct to the battery ... I'm assuming it should be directly to the deep cycle second battery and not to the starter battery, but wanted to see how others have done it. Thanks!

John
Yes, you'd connect it to the aux battery.

Reactions: Nef

Nef

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kingman, AZ, USA
First Name
Harold
Last Name
Malave
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AC2UD
Definitely connect to the second battery otherwise you are defeating the purpose of said battery.

johnO

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor II

Portland, OR
First Name
John
Last Name
Olivier
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7BXG
Definitely connect to the second battery otherwise you are defeating the purpose of said battery.
Thanks Nef and Trail - that's kind of what I figured, but wanted to confirm. Happy Holidays!

Reactions: trailhunter