ARB "ELEMENTS" Weatherproof Fridge

• HTML tutorial

Chris Lowe

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Alameda, CA
Member #

I received the ARB “Elements” Weatherproof Fridge today that I pre-ordered about a month ago. I am very impressed with the build quality and look forward to testing it out to see if it works as described. This is my first portable fridge purchase, hope it is a good one.

Chris Lowe

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Alameda, CA
Member #

I ordered it through ok4wd.com, this is my first purchase through this website. So far, they have been very responsive and helpful. I went with them because they offer $100 gift card towards future ARB purchases when you order pre-order this fridge.

Smokinjoe

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Ridgecrest
Member #

The ARB Fridge is a workhorse and made to last , mine going on three years . I have seen advertisements for the Elements Weatherproof Fridge if you require the fridge in a open bed or exposed all the time this sounds a great option.

Reactions: Road and Chris Lowe

Chris Lowe

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Alameda, CA
Member #

Glad to hear Smokinjoe, I feel good about my purchase. I use my F-150 as my overlanding/camping vehicle, so when I saw this Elements Fridge for open bed trucks I had to try it out.

Enthusiast III

Costa Mesa
First Name
Stan
Last Name
Wingert
Update on our ARB fridge auto everything said they had it in stock we got an email from them yesterday saying that it was going to be a month ! Told them cancel the order and gave them a bad time since they said they'd had it in stock now no one has any in stock[emoji37]
Will never do business with them again I don't care for people who lie to me

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: David S

cerberus

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Austin, MN
Member #

I received the ARB “Elements” Weatherproof Fridge today that I pre-ordered about a month ago. I am very impressed with the build quality and look forward to testing it out to see if it works as described. This is my first portable fridge purchase, hope it is a good one.
any update on your impressions of the fridge? looking at getting one myself.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using OB Talk mobile app

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
With so many on-line stores now offering products, the question of customer service becomes as important as price-point. Someone posted about a company (auto anything)having the product, just to find out it was a month out from delivery. Usually the employee on the phone can only go by what they show. If the shipping department does not update stock quantities, then this is where the disconnect happens.

Some companies keep a tight reign on their inventory stock, and their on-line sales departments, with a IT interface, so as to avoid the above scenario. This keeps real time inventory currant. One company, Rocky Mountain ATV*MC (rm c) seems to be one of these. They list how many are available in what size or quantity. This is how it should be done. If your dealing with mom and pop stores, they either know their inventory quantities, or do the 'we can get it soon', without knowing the actual supply chain reality(delays).

Chris Lowe

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Alameda, CA
Member #

I purchased mine through OK4WD. I pre-ordered mine (none were released in the US at the time when I ordered it), I received it around a month after I ordered it. I have been very happy with it one year later. I purchased it to use in my Ford F-150 and it worked well as designed in the bed of my truck. The truck has since been replaced with a 2018 Toyota 4runner that is much smaller than my previous rig, but fits no problem. Takes up nearly about half the space in the rear hatch. Still have plenty of room to carry other items and supplies in the rear hatch space remaining and I'm glad I purchased this fridge.