Jeremy
Last Name
McNeil
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K2JTM
Service Branch
Army
I got a great deal on a 37qt fridge freezer today at the REI in Jacksonville, FL. MSRP on this unit is $849, but I picked one up for $423.97 today. Not sure why it was marked down so far but I am stoked. I will follow up here as I use it more.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

reh8388

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor I

Charlotte, NC
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Hagen
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K2REH
Great find!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeremy M.

Rank IV
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Mascoutah, IL, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
McNeil
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K2JTM
Service Branch
Army
I bought the ARB fridge wiring kit and connected it directly to my stock 27F battery in my Tacoma. The fridge has been running 24/7 since without an issue.

I’m quite certain fridge duty will shorten the life of my stock battery, but for the time being it’s working great.

cbonito

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Michigan
Member #

I bought the ARB fridge wiring kit and connected it directly to my stock 27F battery in my Tacoma. The fridge has been running 24/7 since without an issue.

I’m quite certain fridge duty will shorten the life of my stock battery, but for the time being it’s working great.

That's awesome. I think as long as you run your vehicle daily, there should be no problem. I've had people tell me up to 5 days without starting up.
I just got a Dometic CFX40w for 530 bucks, but yeah you got an even better score than me. Nice.

Nickzero

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Dugdale
Member #

Solid find mate! I have the ARB freezer / fridge on my wishlist one I start piecing together the trunk space of the JKU.

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

I realize this is a bit of an older thread by the OP. However, if you see this, I'm curious to know how your stock battery held up. @Jeremy M.

I run the ARB37 in my JKU, full time, and have for a couple of years. I hardwired directly to my stock battery as well, but went through 3 stock batteries in about 18 months! They just wouldn't tolerate the constant draw and charge, over and over. I recently replaced the stock battery with an Odyssey Extreme-so far, so good.

By the way, AWESOME score on the fridge! That was definitely one heck of a find. And you got the transit cover! Well done!

Dusty

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Seymour TX
First Name
Dusty
Last Name
Dunn
Member #

5 years out of any battery is pretty good. Especially a stock battery. I didn't get but 3 out of mine but I've used my winch a couple of times.

Last edited:

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
I realize this is a bit of an older thread by the OP. However, if you see this, I'm curious to know how your stock battery held up. @Jeremy M.

I run the ARB37 in my JKU, full time, and have for a couple of years. I hardwired directly to my stock battery as well, but went through 3 stock batteries in about 18 months! They just wouldn't tolerate the constant draw and charge, over and over. I recently replaced the stock battery with an Odyssey Extreme-so far, so good.

By the way, AWESOME score on the fridge! That was definitely one heck of a find. And you got the transit cover! Well done!
I also wonder how the stock (1) battery held up. What voltage setting did you use?

Reactions: sabjku

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
My stock battery finally died but it was 5 years old and the heat here is brutal so I cannot blame it on the fridge entirely. I have a Power X2 AGM now and it’s been doing great
follow up to a post i just did....keep us informed on this battery, i had missed the post on the batteries death. Here in the SW desert, you buy the largest/ best you can afford, and hope to get 75% life out of it. I usually only manage 55% of a life expectancy. Trying Costco now, my luck with Duralast Gold has not been too good.

I had done the AGM red top years ago, and also had disappointing results in a different truck.

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

I also wonder how the stock (1) battery held up. What voltage setting did you use?
Initially I had the fridge set at the Low setting(10.1) and I had multiple instances to where I'd come out to a dead battery after letting my Jeep sit overnight(I drive it daily). After that happens a handful of times the stock battery just won't hard a charge. Fortunately, the dealer replaced the stock battery twice under warranty.

Eventually I set the cutoff on the fridge at the Medium setting(11.4) and still had issues with it killing the stock battery, and after the third stock battery was installed I went up to 4wheelparts and had them install the Odyssey. I've had the Odyssey in all summer, with the fridge set at Medium cutoff, and haven't had any issues to this point. I'll see how this holds up, but I'll still end up doing a dual setup down the road.

Reactions: Desert Runner

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Initially I had the fridge set at the Low setting(10.1) and I had multiple instances to where I'd come out to a dead battery after letting my Jeep sit overnight(I drive it daily). After that happens a handful of times the stock battery just won't hard a charge. Fortunately, the dealer replaced the stock battery twice under warranty.

Eventually I set the cutoff on the fridge at the Medium setting(11.4) and still had issues with it killing the stock battery, and after the third stock battery was installed I went up to 4wheelparts and had them install the Odyssey. I've had the Odyssey in all summer, with the fridge set at Medium cutoff, and haven't had any issues to this point. I'll see how this holds up, but I'll still end up doing a dual setup down the road.
Years ago i managed to find a stock OEM under the hood FORD dual battery holder in a junk yard. It was one of the few i ever saw for the 1984-1989 body style. The F-150 i had was the great straight 6 truck engine. Slow as molasses on the road, but great off-road. There was a few time i jumped the truck from 1 battery to the other. I had set it up on a isolator, so i always had that 2nd battery for backup. Chevy dual OEM battery systems do not put a isolator in-line, so when it wont start...both batteries are dead.

Reactions: sabjku