Enthusiast III

Half Moon Bay
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
McGraw
Member #

Edit:

OK so after research I pulled the trigger. Ill try to be as comprehensive as possible.
Hopefully someone will find this helpful...

**The Line Up**
ARB 12v twin compressor
(comes with)
wiring harness
power harness
button harness
cabin LED button
filters​
Bandi custom bracket (guy in jersey custom makes these, three day turn around!)
viair 1gal black tank
add-a-circuit (for ignition connection which makes the button light up)
add-a-circuit (for depression when you push it it lights up when used)
crimp loops for the battery connections
braided hose (2 one from compressor to tank, second from tank to manifold)
1/4 male to female 90 (2 of these, one from compressor and second from tank)
pencil manifold
gauge
quick connect (for actual air hose, I am leaving it under the hood for now)
pressure relief valve (tank takes max 150, so getting one slightly lower)

Installing saturday. Will see how it goes. My only concern is that the bandi bracket is based on the compressor going on the passenger side, so I am not sure the battery harness will be long enough.

Last edited:

McGrizzly

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Half Moon Bay
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
McGraw
Member #

IMG_4690.JPG

IMG_4693.JPG

IMG_4692.JPG

IMG_4695.JPG

IMG_4697.JPG

IMG_4700.JPG

Everything is up and running EXCEPT the manifold rail would not work for my setup. There is no where to mount it. I went on amazon and ordered a pencil rail with a bracket this time and have a pretty good plan for a ball valve, a pressure relief valve, a hose connection and a gauge. Should be here Tuesday.

I’m not ok with zip ties for something like that. It’s gotta have some rigidity.

The biggest issue out of everything honestly was that damn firewall plug. It popped out and I really had a hell of a time getting it back. My buddy swing by and punched it through and then we used a stupid screw driver to bend the lip back, such a pain.

The custom button does not light up the way I want it too really but it’s better than the arb factory one which is like a super bowl field light when it’s on. I found a wiring diagram that exactly replaces the Arb switch with the one I got from aob. Very helpful. ALSO everything in the cab snaps out, so I see people cutting their hands and what not. All the panels pop out easily and putting the buttons in and taking the blank out was so simple, no pain involved.

I have screen shots of everything I researched, so if someone stumbles to this thread and needs a hand with whatever let me know.

Mlbdriver

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Tuckerton, NJ, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Corbisiero
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC2WAO
Service Branch
USCG
View attachment 68030

View attachment 68031

View attachment 68032

View attachment 68033

View attachment 68034

View attachment 68035

Everything is up and running EXCEPT the manifold rail would not work for my setup. There is no where to mount it. I went on amazon and ordered a pencil rail with a bracket this time and have a pretty good plan for a ball valve, a pressure relief valve, a hose connection and a gauge. Should be here Tuesday.

I’m not ok with zip ties for something like that. It’s gotta have some rigidity.

The biggest issue out of everything honestly was that damn firewall plug. It popped out and I really had a hell of a time getting it back. My buddy swing by and punched it through and then we used a stupid screw driver to bend the lip back, such a pain.

The custom button does not light up the way I want it too really but it’s better than the arb factory one which is like a super bowl field light when it’s on. I found a wiring diagram that exactly replaces the Arb switch with the one I got from aob. Very helpful. ALSO everything in the cab snaps out, so I see people cutting their hands and what not. All the panels pop out easily and putting the buttons in and taking the blank out was so simple, no pain involved.

I have screen shots of everything I researched, so if someone stumbles to this thread and needs a hand with whatever let me know.

Im trying to install mine, and have a few questions. can you send me pics of the wires you connected to the switch? there are 3 different options to choose from. Switch 1 Switch 2 or isolator , I am only using the compressor no lockers so not sure which one to use. Could you also send pics of your ignition connection and light connection? Thanks so much I appreciate it.

Brewbud

Rank V

Member III

SoCal
Member #

Good install. I have been thinking hard about getting a twin. Not sure if I want to mount in my Jeep or a carry box so I can move it between vehicles. I like the idea of using up space under the hood instead of the cargo area but I don't want to buy two either.

McGrizzly

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Half Moon Bay
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
McGraw
Member #

Im trying to install mine, and have a few questions. can you send me pics of the wires you connected to the switch? there are 3 different options to choose from. Switch 1 Switch 2 or isolator , I am only using the compressor no lockers so not sure which one to use. Could you also send pics of your ignition connection and light connection? Thanks so much I appreciate it.
Let me track down the pictures of my install. I have 4 others items from the switch pro attached to the fuse box so a picture right now would even confuse me haha. let me do some legwork ill get back to you! sorry about the delay

McGrizzly

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Half Moon Bay
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
McGraw
Member #

ALSO, check this website out. Not sure if you have a 4 runner but this was helpful for some basic information.

I have included a picture that i used to attach the button on the dash...

Attachments

Mlbdriver

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Tuckerton, NJ, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Corbisiero
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC2WAO
Service Branch
USCG
ALSO, check this website out. Not sure if you have a 4 runner but this was helpful for some basic information.

I have included a picture that i used to attach the button on the dash...
thanks a lot for the info I appreciate it.

McGrizzly

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Half Moon Bay
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
McGraw
Member #

have not been able to get a good picture since i have been working late. forgive me! here is a pick of my panel. its a 2017 4 runner. not sure if you have the same one. but i have a switch pros 9100 panel as well as the arb compressor. honestly, i dont remember which one i put to what circuit. the air compressor button light stays on when the car is on, i put it to the ignition because i dont want to be able to use the compressor unless the car is running. it eats power. hopefully you worked it out! if you still need some help i can pull things apart if you need! just DM me!

fusepanel4runner.jpg

McGrizzly

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Half Moon Bay
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
McGraw
Member #

also, folks have said that its better to use lower wattage fuses as you don't want it to blow anything out. easier to replace fuses than parts, or electrical. that being said, i went with doubling up the factory numbers and just using them as they were inline, if that makes sense. 10 and 10, 25 and 25...

Mlbdriver

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Tuckerton, NJ, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Corbisiero
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC2WAO
Service Branch
USCG
have not been able to get a good picture since i have been working late. forgive me! here is a pick of my panel. its a 2017 4 runner. not sure if you have the same one. but i have a switch pros 9100 panel as well as the arb compressor. honestly, i dont remember which one i put to what circuit. the air compressor button light stays on when the car is on, i put it to the ignition because i dont want to be able to use the compressor unless the car is running. it eats power. hopefully you worked it out! if you still need some help i can pull things apart if you need! just DM me!

View attachment 109999
Thanks for the pictures, I have a 2018 tundra. Im gonna tackle it this weekend I hope and ill post up when done.

Mlbdriver

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Tuckerton, NJ, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Corbisiero
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC2WAO
Service Branch
USCG
also, folks have said that its better to use lower wattage fuses as you don't want it to blow anything out. easier to replace fuses than parts, or electrical. that being said, i went with doubling up the factory numbers and just using them as they were inline, if that makes sense. 10 and 10, 25 and 25...
so what your saying is if its a 10 fuse use 2 tens not a 20? I am electrically challenged. sorry if I sound dumb.

McGrizzly

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Half Moon Bay
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
McGraw
Member #

so what your saying is if its a 10 fuse use 2 tens not a 20? I am electrically challenged. sorry if I sound dumb.
No not at all! I should say that I am also....andddd I have also received conflicting information. I was told that you never want to go higher than the rating of the fuse. So yeah when you use an 'add a fuse', use the same fuse that is in the slot or LESS. So you will notice that each add a fuse is just a second fuse of the same value.

Mlbdriver

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Tuckerton, NJ, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Corbisiero
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC2WAO
Service Branch
USCG
Just finished ill take a couple more pics tomorrow. thanks for your help58674590271__B14E4EB6-99EE-496A-8876-B7FCDA8312BA.JPG