Appalachian Toyota Roundup.

• HTML tutorial

3wbdriver

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Leesville, Louisiana
Member #

Is anybody else in here planning to attend this? 70,000 acres and 300 miles of trails. It's my understanding that despite the title it is not manufacturer specific, but I could be wrong. I plan to be there Friday afternoon and will be wheeling through about Sunday noon. I'll be attending with the Louisiana Overland club.

http://appalachiantoyotaroundup.org

Last edited:

Nootherids

Rank V

Influencer II

Hey, I'm going to this event and would love some company to meet up with being that I'm doing the long drive on my own. If you guys are planning on meeting up let me know.
I'll be taking my big Tundra so I feel like I'm going to be the odd one in the entire event. I've seen small talk about it in the Tacoma and 4Runner forums but the Tundra people are completely silent about it. P. S. I'm not an experienced Overlander, yet.

@3wbdriver
@2WheelCrazy
@Johnnibanner

Reactions: 3wbdriver

AdventureWithDanan

Local Expert, Florida USA
Investor

Pathfinder II

Safety Harbor, FL, USA
First Name
Danan
Last Name
Coleman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W3AWD
Service Branch
CERT
Hey, I'm going to this event and would love some company to meet up with being that I'm doing the long drive on my own. If you guys are planning on meeting up let me know.
I'll be taking my big Tundra so I feel like I'm going to be the odd one in the entire event. I've seen small talk about it in the Tacoma and 4Runner forums but the Tundra people are completely silent about it. P. S. I'm not an experienced Overlander, yet.

@3wbdriver
@2WheelCrazy
@Johnnibanner
Wish I was meeting you out there with my Tundra but I can't make it!!

Reactions: Nootherids

3wbdriver

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Leesville, Louisiana
Member #

@3wbdriver
@2WheelCrazy
@Johnnibanner
Shoot me a message and we can exchange phone numbers. I expect to get there the afternoon/early evening of Thursday, and I'll be camping near the entrance that night. I'm supposed to meet up with some folks from Louisiana Overland but they won't be getting there until late Friday. If it's any help we wheeled with a great big, Grog, Ginormous Ford Excursion last weekend, running through some pretty tight piney woods trails at a park in East Texas. The owner calls it The Limo, and he wasn't afraid to go anywhere we did.

Reactions: Nootherids

3wbdriver

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Leesville, Louisiana
Member #

I came, I saw, I surrendered. I got there Thursday afternoon and set up camp in the rain. After 24 hours basically trapped under the awning or in the tent I gave up Friday night, packed up between rain showers, and headed toward the house. I think if I had brought a ground tent I would probably have run some trails Friday during the day, but the weather had me discouraged from breaking camp. Something to consider when going where you know you will be camping in the same location all weekend. I had hoped to setup camp in a different location each night, but this particular park has one central campsite and everyone seems to be expected to use that one only. Here are a few pictures of the campground. No trail pictures obviously. I was told by someone else there on Saturday I made a good decision to leave. The rain never got heavy but was constant, and by Saturday the trails were just slop. And I'm not big in mud runs. I did partially salvage the weekend by visiting a couple museums in Birmingham and routing home via the Natchez Trace Parkway.ATR.JPGIMG_4572.JPGIMG_4573.JPG

Reactions: KHeff

Nootherids

Rank V

Influencer II

I came, I saw, I surrendered.
Man! I hear ya! And I'm sorry I didn't call. I got your message and then it totally slipped my mind while preparing for the trip.

I slept in what sounded like torrential rains, although they probably sounded worse than it was. And tons of RTT people had to close up their very wet tents. But yeah, by Saturday the entire ground was slush. Some people actually had to change campsites due to flooding and mud. And canopies went flying around while people were out wheeling. Overall though, I enjoyed it a lot. It wasn't anything a good jacket couldn't block. And I really don't mind the mud and my tires handled beautifully. But a candy with covered sides was a must of you didn't want to be stuck in the tent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 3wbdriver