Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Whittier CA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Dickens
Member #

We are headed out from the LA area. Probably camp at the SoCal 4WD camp or near the arroyo Salado campground Friday night. Head back into Collins valley for Saturday night. What do you have planned?

_jimmysbrotherrr

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Rafael
Last Name
Jimenez
Member #

Still working out the details. Leaving San Diego Saturday morning and heading to the naval base at Salton Sea. Explore the area for a bit then head over to Sandstone Canyon. Spend the rest of the day and camp out at Sandstone Canyon

Mark D

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Whittier CA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Dickens
Member #

That sounds interesting. Those are two places we have never seen. What time do you plan to be at the Navel Base?

Mark D

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Whittier CA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Dickens
Member #

We are meeting tomorrow 3/2, is there something going on 4/2?

_jimmysbrotherrr

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Rafael
Last Name
Jimenez
Member #

Sorry. Don't mind me. I was just worried that Mark D was trying to meet you tomorrow, which is 3/2 and you were going next month, 4/2. I'm either missing something or should just mind my own business :)
Read my comment and it may come off as rude. Not my intention. Trip wasn’t really planned. Have the days off and wanted to get away. Hopefully enjoy some good weather since it seems like it’s always rained on my days off. If you’re planning a run to the dessert next month I’d be glad to join

Todd & Meg

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

How were the crowds last week? We are thinking of going 3/15-18. It will be our first trial run with our teardrop.

Anyone have any must do areas while we are there?

Todd

Mark D

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Whittier CA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Dickens
Member #

It seemed like a normal weekend except for the Truckhaven area where a big event was taking place (I am guessing 100,000 people). Sandi and I spent Friday night in the Salado Wash campground and we got a spot at 11pm. Saturday we drove down to the Navy base and only saw a couple other small groups down there. We met the San Diego OB group there and all drove up to Split mountain eventually ending at Sandstone canyon. That area always seems a little crowned but nothing crazy. The San Diego group broke camp in the morning we stayed behind until about 11 and continued up the Fish Creek wash until we were stopped by “closed area” signs. A Jeep trail continues and connects with the “squeeze/heart attack hill” trail but since we were traveling alone we turned back stopping at the wind caves before heading home. The temps were perfect 75/55. You should have fun the flowers are great.

Reactions: Todd & Meg