• HTML tutorial

Contributor II

East Tennessee
First Name
James
Last Name
vvvvv
Hey all,

Figured some of y'all would be interested in seeing how we installed a Anytone 578Pro amateur / ham radio into a Tundra. Took a few hours but it came out nice. This is a semi-how to and some pointers.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
How do you like the radio? I have the AD-878UV Plus and am loving it. Saw the 578Pro on sale at BridgeCom and thought it would make a good base station radio.

Contributor II

East Tennessee
First Name
James
Last Name
vvvvv
How do you like the radio? I have the AD-878UV Plus and am loving it. Saw the 578Pro on sale at BridgeCom and thought it would make a good base station radio.
This was actually for one of my customers that we did. I have about 10 minutes of operational experiance with the radio :)

However, from what I saw, it's seems to be a solid unit. Came with everything we needed but we did switch out the mounting screws from #10 machine screws so the bracket would not pull out on rough roads.

The audio was pretty good, but I don't think it was on par with ICY brands. Then again, I am a snob when it comes to those...

He also has the 878 and was telling that he felt the HT was a great radio and swayed him to get this one after using it for about a year.

Reactions: M Rose

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
This was actually for one of my customers that we did. I have about 10 minutes of operational experiance with the radio :)

However, from what I saw, it's seems to be a solid unit. Came with everything we needed but we did switch out the mounting screws from #10 machine screws so the bracket would not pull out on rough roads.

The audio was pretty good, but I don't think it was on par with ICY brands. Then again, I am a snob when it comes to those...

He also has the 878 and was telling that he felt the HT was a great radio and swayed him to get this one after using it for about a year.
I’m an audio snob... and I’ve been making huge upgrades ever since I got my FTDX10 to have a similar sound experience... the 878 is almost as enjoyable to listen to.

Contributor II

East Tennessee
First Name
James
Last Name
vvvvv
I’m an audio snob... and I’ve been making huge upgrades ever since I got my FTDX10 to have a similar sound experience... the 878 is almost as enjoyable to listen to.
Yeah, my hearing is kind of messed up with tinnitus and certain pitches of audio drives me nuts, like two cycle engines or children screeching. The 578 was about 8/10 in good to go, but I don't think it as nice as a kenwood 281.

Reactions: M Rose