Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Leesburg Georgia
First Name
Jay
Last Name
Brimberry
Member #

Let me start by saying that I am closer to 60 than 50 so I am not what you would call a techie. With that being said, I purchased a GPSMap 276Cx because of some of its features, the 1x24,000 maps you can download and their advertised features. I purchased the map for my region, and low and behold, I can not figure out how to use it for finding trails and such. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Flipper

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Florida
First Name
John
Last Name
F
Member #

Let me start by saying that I am closer to 60 than 50 so I am not what you would call a techie. With that being said, I purchased a GPSMap 276Cx because of some of its features, the 1x24,000 maps you can download and their advertised features. I purchased the map for my region, and low and behold, I can not figure out how to use it for finding trails and such. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Go into the menu and make sure the maps are turned on. Did you download the topos or burn them from the cd ? Did you click and highlight the areas you wanted to burn from the origional software topos? If you have the topos in the 276 you can go into the map menu and adjust the amount of detail. This you can change when the screen gets too cluttered or not enough detail.

Jay61

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Leesburg Georgia
First Name
Jay
Last Name
Brimberry
Member #

Go into the menu and make sure the maps are turned on. Did you download the topos or burn them from the cd ? Did you click and highlight the areas you wanted to burn from the origional software topos? If you have the topos in the 276 you can go into the map menu and adjust the amount of detail. This you can change when the screen gets too cluttered or not enough detail.
I downloaded them from the Garmin site. Thanks I will see if the Maps are turned on.

Flipper

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Florida
First Name
John
Last Name
F
Member #

I bought my topos on CD rom when I open the program it displays the whole section I purchased, for example S. E. United States, then I have to highlight the areas I want to burn to the chip that goes in the unit, the amount I can download is dependent on what size chip I bought. Garmin also has a good tech line they can walk you through it and also youtube videos.. Once you get the hang of it Garmins are real easy to operate and great GPS’ Good luck, anymore questions just ask.