Enthusiast III

KY
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Kil
Service Branch
US Air Force
What are your experiences with it and thoughts in general?

It seems like it might be a strong hybrid MT/AT tire contender.

Reactions: Jeep backroads

yeos

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Moses Lake
First Name
Torn
Last Name
Saelee
Member #

I have em on my GX470. No tough trails yet, but I went on a snow run in November and they performed well in light snow. They aren't loud like most MTs, but you can just hear them compared to my KO2s which I think are very quiet. I have no other complaints other than they are heavy.

DadJokes

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

KY
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Kil
Service Branch
US Air Force
I have em on my GX470. No tough trails yet, but I went on a snow run in November and they performed well in light snow. They aren't loud like most MTs, but you can just hear them compared to my KO2s which I think are very quiet. I have no other complaints other than they are heavy.
What size are you running? I’m looking at the 275/70/18. It’s 62.5 lbs.

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

I've used Yokohamas for 15 years. Only one negative, 4 sets of 5 tires, half of them had a tread separation, delamination issue. That said my tire shop spotted the problem during the annual, winter tire change over and Yokohama has a fabulous warranty. Pro rated but new tires in an hour. I still run Yokohamas cuz I like them, they are priced right and their warranty is second to none.

I ran Yokohama winters, BFG summers, now I run just Yokohamas since no one else makes a 7.50R16. Honestly I'd say BFG makes better tires, I never had a warranty issue and I started running BFG 45 years ago on street cars. But Yokohamas are definitely more affordable.

Reactions: DadJokes

DadJokes

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

KY
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Kil
Service Branch
US Air Force
I've used Yokohamas for 15 years. Only one negative, 4 sets of 5 tires, half of them had a tread separation, delamination issue. That said my tire shop spotted the problem during the annual, winter tire change over and Yokohama has a fabulous warranty. Pro rated but new tires in an hour. I still run Yokohamas cuz I like them, they are priced right and their warranty is second to none.

I ran Yokohama winters, BFG summers, now I run just Yokohamas since no one else makes a 7.50R16. Honestly I'd say BFG makes better tires, I never had a warranty issue and I started running BFG 45 years ago on street cars. But Yokohamas are definitely more affordable.
Thanks for the feedback. Reviews in the few months these have been out are limited so it’s good to get this information about a possible down side, albeit with what you describe as a strong warranty backing of the product.

yeos

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Moses Lake
First Name
Torn
Last Name
Saelee
Member #

What do you think so far? How many miles and how much abuse? Thanks
The tires have impressed me. I only have about 3k miles on them and have used them off road in light snow and dry dirt conditions going up the mountains. Those are not particularly extreme conditions by any means, but they did their job with no struggles.

On the road they are very compliant and almost as quiet as the KO2s I have on my Tacoma. They are better in the wet conditions as well.

DadJokes

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

KY
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Kil
Service Branch
US Air Force
The tires have impressed me. I only have about 3k miles on them and have used them off road in light snow and dry dirt conditions going up the mountains. Those are not particularly extreme conditions by any means, but they did their job with no struggles.

On the road they are very compliant and almost as quiet as the KO2s I have on my Tacoma. They are better in the wet conditions as well.
How is the ride switching to E load?

yeos

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Moses Lake
First Name
Torn
Last Name
Saelee
Member #

How is the ride switching to E load?
From P to E is a huge difference in comfort, but the added durability is worth it. I'm used to E load tires. I had E load KO2s and now D load versions on my Tacoma and they have the same ride characteristics. The GX with the E load X-ATs ride better only because the suspension is softer.

yeos

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Moses Lake
First Name
Torn
Last Name
Saelee
Member #

We got into a lot of mud today and these Yokohama X-AT gripped and pulled me where I pointed them. I was very surprised at how well they performed at low speed and packed with mud.IMG_20200606_165213.jpg

Reactions: TSO_NJ and DadJokes