Anyone on here, order or receive a Go Fast Camper?

• HTML tutorial

simplyanadventure

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

CNY
First Name
Simply
Last Name
AnAdventure
Member #

I'm curious if anyone on here has received a Go Fast Camper, https://www.gofastcampers.com/ , yet? I "Pre-Ordered" one back in March and it's finished as of last week, I'm just waiting on it to be delivered out here to me from Montana. I am very active on Tacoma World and there's a HUGE fallowing/ thread for them on there but being as it's really a RTT/ Camper Shell designed around Overlanding I'm wondering if any members on here have one? I was really hoping to have mine installed by Mid-Atlantic Overland fest so I could show it off if anyone was interested but it looks like i'll be sleeping on the ground one more time.

Anyway I'd love to here any feedback from the Overland Bound community and I'll definitely be at ExpoEast with mine installed if anyone wants to check it out. I'll attach a picture (not my truck) so you get an idea of what I'm talking about if you haven't seen one yet.

-YOTA

GFC 1.jpg
GFC Folded down.jpg
GFC Lit.jpg GFC Interior.jpg

photos courtesy of @_jim_bob

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

I'm curious if anyone on here has received a Go Fast Camper, https://www.gofastcampers.com/ , yet? I "Pre-Ordered" one back in March and it's finished as of last week, I'm just waiting on it to be delivered out here to me from Montana. I am very active on Tacoma World and there's a HUGE fallowing/ thread for them on there but being as it's really a RTT/ Camper Shell designed around Overlanding I'm wondering if any members on here have one? I was really hoping to have mine installed by Mid-Atlantic Overland fest so I could show it off if anyone was interested but it looks like i'll be sleeping on the ground one more time.

Anyway I'd love to here any feedback from the Overland Bound community and I'll definitely be at ExpoEast with mine installed if anyone wants to check it out. I'll attach a picture (not my truck) so you get an idea of what I'm talking about if you haven't seen one yet.

-YOTA

View attachment 64116
View attachment 64119
View attachment 64117 View attachment 64118

photos courtesy of @_jim_bob
Very cool....

GatorDoc

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Norton Shores, MI
First Name
butt
Last Name
hole
Member #

Very cool....
I've been following them on social media for a few months, very cool stuff.

I've got an FJ Cruiser, so they prototype RTT they recently unveiled is what has my attention currently. Depending on where pricing shakes out that may be getting added to my to do list.

Attached are a couple of pictures I shamelessly stole from Instagram.FB_IMG_1533570893259.jpeggfc_usa--1533384625106.jpeg

VST

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Kodak, TN, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
James
I’ve been looking into them also but it’s so expensive for just a shell and a rtt. I get the quality is good but for half the price you can get a tonnue cover with a rack to mount a bigger rtt. I’m really liking the slide in campers but seems like everything with an overland name or designed for it is so expensive. I guess just the name of the game they seem really cool though

GatorDoc

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Norton Shores, MI
First Name
butt
Last Name
hole
Member #

I’ve been looking into them also but it’s so expensive for just a shell and a rtt. I get the quality is good but for half the price you can get a tonnue cover with a rack to mount a bigger rtt. I’m really liking the slide in campers but seems like everything with an overland name or designed for it is so expensive. I guess just the name of the game they seem really cool though
They aren't cheap, that's for sure.

However, relative to other similar options they are comparable or lower priced.

I've seen a couple of additional companies coming to market recently with offerings similar to the AT habitat, so competition is growing, which can only be good for us consumers.

Reactions: Nashville Mark

obrianmcc

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Idaho
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McCrosky
Member #

Very interested and have been following these guys for a bit... I'm attracted to their ruggedness and simplicity. also I'm anxious to see what revisions and changes they make moving forward.

SGpdx

Rank III

Contributor III

Oregon
I pre ordered one, the wait is going to kill me my slot is a Feb build. I had been planning a patchwork of different products to make something similar and when I stumbled on them it was a no brainer. The design and quality seems to be top notch.

simplyanadventure

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

CNY
First Name
Simply
Last Name
AnAdventure
Member #

I’m not affiliated with GFC in anyway, besides being a pre-order as well (#41) however price is what actually drove me to look at the GFC. When I priced a ARE canopy with metal rack reinforments, to handle 500lbs, it was about 3k, add a decent hard shell RTT.... well guess what you’re at the price of a GFC, and at least 100lbs heavier. Now granted my pre-order price was a bit less so it made the deduction even easier but really 5750 for a truck cap and hard shell RTT isn’t out of the question. Especially considering it’s all handmade and BOMBPROOF.

Now obviously I’ll have more to say when it arrives in a few weeks of course but the ones that are in the wild so far are getting very good reviews.

Oh and yes the nature of this design is smaller than a RTT, 50x90 inches so if you need to have more room that’s a consideration. But just think a GFC and an Alu-Cab Shadow and you can have camp packed up I’m not much more than 90 seconds.... there’s something to be said for that.

VST

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Kodak, TN, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
James
I’m curious how the roof holds up in some bad winds will shocks be enough to support it so it doesn’t come down on you

simplyanadventure

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

CNY
First Name
Simply
Last Name
AnAdventure
Member #

I’m curious how the roof holds up in some bad winds will shocks be enough to support it so it doesn’t come down on you
There’s about 40 in use now. Mostly all in the West. Two of them have been to the arctic circle already. I think winds won’t be a problem. The struts support 100lbs lifted. Now if you max those out and have high winds... idk lol

obrianmcc

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Idaho
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McCrosky
Member #

There are a host of other brands and pop up style tents using struts, so if spec'd with an appropriate strut it should not be an issue.

VST

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Kodak, TN, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
James
That’s good to know. I’m really interested in something like this after doing some re search like someone on here said the price isn’t that bad when you see how much a topper then a tent cost together. You get a bigger tent if you buy them spereate but I like how these are all in one.

simplyanadventure

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

CNY
First Name
Simply
Last Name
AnAdventure
Member #

Sor
I got the first GFC on the east coast. In my experience, you will have packed up camp long before it gets blown down.
Sorta the other cool thing about the GFC, at least in my book, if you had to you could pack the tent down in really bad weather and get into the bed under the "cap" version of the tent and weather a storm in there if you had too. That way you'd be surrounded by metal the whole time. I'm in the planning stages of a Outer Banks trip in Nov of this year so I imagine I'll get to test out how it handles wind!

CCHeath

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Kalispell, MT, Kalispell, MT, USA
First Name
Clinton
Last Name
Heath
Member #

A Go Fast Camper or similar design is perfect for the overlander that needs their adventure vehicle to also be their daily driver. It eliminates the need of a rtt and with it the added weight and increased gas mileage. One can drive around town, drive to work, and go about their normal routine. Here is a scenario, it is Friday and you are counting down the minutes till work ends anticipating a weekend adventure. The night before you loaded your three adventure tubs in the back our camper, a cooler, and some clothes. The clock hit quitting time, you hit the time clock, run to your truck, fill up with gas and food, and hit the road for a weekend adventure. You don't have to drive back home through traffic to load your rrt, and pack up your supplies. Yes they are expensive but you are paying for a made in the USA, supporting the American overland industry, and supporting families with jobs.

Reactions: jolagues

Wallygator

Rank III

Contributor II

USA
I am having a hard time finding real world reviews on the GFC products. I am more interested in the tent portion as I have a 5th gen 4runner.
The mounting kit they have is genius but I need to know how the rest of the tent is?
How is the fabric and how does it stand up to weather? Wind? Rain? Snow?
Does the fabric seem to be durable?
How is the slim 2" mattress? Comfy or not?
Can your sleeping gear be stowed in the tent packed down?
Can you have a mattress topper with your sleeping gear with it packed down?
What is this tent like to live with on a daily basis?

Thanks a head of time to all replies and insights.