Anyone interested in exploring CO in mid June?

• HTML tutorial

Etoimos

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Peyton, CO
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Upton
Member #

Just starting to think out loud about doing a multiday to week long trip around the middle of June. I've spent many of weeks in the Ouray area and am always keen to go back, but I've never explored the north west part of the state and that could be really interesting as well.

Anyone interested in something like this or have ideas on a route?

Reactions: Russell Peters

Fortis Overland

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Colorado Springs, CO
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Kelly
Member #

I'm always up for trips, but might be unable to pull off a week long trip. I don't know much about north west, but I know there's a good trail that heads up Breckenridge Peak 9 that I want to take a look at this year. I've also considered Dinosaur National Monument, but haven't done enough research on it yet.

S

SubeeBen

I’m am very interested in taking my wife & daughter out that way around the same time please feel free to email me @ adominicous@gmail.com to exchange contacts. Looking forward to your feedback.

Etoimos

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Peyton, CO
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Upton
Member #

@Fortis44, I understand a longer trip might not be possible for everyone, but I'd have no issues with people coming late or leaving early. We would just need to coordinate times and locations to meet up out there. I've also been wanting to do the Dinosaur National Monument. I've seen some really nice photos of some two track road up in that area that look really cool.

@Jku Ben, I don't have any set in stone yet, so I'm happy to work out plan with others on what they might want to do. I think this trip would be just me and little guy (he'll be 8 by then). How old is your daughter?

S

SubeeBen

@Fortis44, I understand a longer trip might not be possible for everyone, but I'd have no issues with people coming late or leaving early. We would just need to coordinate times and locations to meet up out there. I've also been wanting to do the Dinosaur National Monument. I've seen some really nice photos of some two track road up in that area that look really cool.

@Jku Ben, I don't have any set in stone yet, so I'm happy to work out plan with others on what they might want to do. I think this trip would be just me and little guy (he'll be 8 by then). How old is your daughter?
11 will be 12 in may

S

SubeeBen

Oh man, you are getting close to the rough years with a daughter. lol

What kind of trip/trails are you interested in?
Yea trust me she just became a woman !!! Have her and the wife .
Honestly looking at mining towns not rock crawling as I have my teardrop trailer in tow as well. Was looking @ Alpine loop just outside of silverton. It’s an 80 mile loop that looks awesome.

jg45

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bartlett, TN
First Name
John
Last Name
Gilmer
Member #

Yea trust me she just became a woman !!! Have her and the wife .
Honestly looking at mining towns not rock crawling as I have my teardrop trailer in tow as well. Was looking @ Alpine loop just outside of silverton. It’s an 80 mile loop that looks awesome.
I would love to be able to join you, but probably can't due to work. In any case if you do the Alpine Loop, make sure to hit up Placer and Picayune gulches. Some really nice old mill sites. I enjoy taking Hurricane and California passes to get there too.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Reactions: SubeeBen
S

SubeeBen

I would love to be able to join you, but probably can't due to work. In any case if you do the Alpine Loop, make sure to hit up Placer and Picayune gulches. Some really nice old mill sites. I enjoy taking Hurricane and California passes to get there too.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Awesome thank you very much for the info

Etoimos

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Peyton, CO
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Upton
Member #

I know most of the trails around Ouray very well, but I've yet to actually do the Alpine Loop. There are so many good trails there, it's hard to dedicate the time for the Loop.

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

Just starting to think out loud about doing a multiday to week long trip around the middle of June. I've spent many of weeks in the Ouray area and am always keen to go back, but I've never explored the north west part of the state and that could be really interesting as well.

I'd be interested Probably limited to a long weekend. Will depend on the dates and my job schedule.
I've not done much in the area yet but looking at doing the loop and more exploring in and around the Ouray area.

Boort

JCarter

Rank V
Investor

Member III

Firestone, Weld County, Colorado, United States
First Name
John
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0LRZ

I am interested in exploring the Northwest part of the state.

I probably won't be able to do a week but can do a multiday trip.

I was in Ouray 3 times last year, and my 4x4 club trip is there this year. It is an excellent place, but there is a lot more to see.

Most likely I will have x2 6-year-olds in tow who would love to find dinosaurs. :)

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Etoimos

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Peyton, CO
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Upton
Member #

HKLover

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Ohio/Tenn
First Name
John
Last Name
Shanower
Member #

I won't be able to do the trip, but I was at Dinosaur N.M. last fall on the Utah side. I did not have a chance to do any off roading or trails since I was driving my F350 work truck, so I can only offer this up. The actual park part is really nice. The dinosaur exhibit hall/museum they have there is absolutely worth the trip. Especially if you have kids. There are several spots in the park with petroglyphs and they are good ones too. They also have a couple camp grounds and one of them is right on the Green River and looked pretty nice.

If you go, have fun, be safe and enjoy!

Reactions: Etoimos

Dapozer

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Denver
Member #

Keep me in the loop. Last year we did some routes that I am trying to figure if they can be tied together. Starts in Ft Collins(bald mnt or mt Baldy) head to Walden for sand dune, if Ellis Jeep Trail is open then this to steam boat. Need to figure Steamboat link out to Coffee pot road and Transfer trail including the Loop, down to Glen wood, Road over to Haggerman pass into Leadville, off to misquote pass into alma and home.

This and another one from grand Junction to Moab crossing the Delores river. Did this last year and it was great

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW

Have you come up with a plan? I might be interested.

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

I would love to join you but June is really full of camping trips and our 4x4 group is doing a pot-luck over nighter on the 3rd weekend of June. Kind of obligated if possible. I'm going to be in Ouray/alpine loop area August 3-6. Safe travels all!

Etoimos

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Peyton, CO
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Upton
Member #

Have you come up with a plan? I might be interested.
I have not :( May turned out very busy for me and I've not had a chance to really look at a June outing. A quick thought would be northwest CO the 14-17 June. But that would depend on when my son goes to his grandparent's... and we don't know that date just yet due to a death in the family.

Reactions: Neal A. Tew