Anyone in the Atlanta, GA Area?

• HTML tutorial

Esteban

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Chattanooga, TN 37406
Member #

How'd it got at Pinelog? Where did you end up camping out for the night? Want to try to get out there in the next few weeks when we have a warmer weekend.
It went well, other than a DNR ranger informing us that we are not allowed to be riding down side trails. Which was a bummer. I'm fairly sure that where we camped was an "okay" or "allowed" spot (due to the massive fire pit). If you're going down the main gravel road there will be a Y, and you stay to left immediately crossing a concrete bridge over a mid sized creek. You go down a little ways and before some hill climbs, there is a small downhill road on the right that leads to a large campsite next to a small creek. We comfortably fit 5 rigs and could have easily doubled that amount. Stay to the main drag and you won't be bothered. Veer off for some exploration and you might have a conversation with the ranger like we did. All in all decent riding close to ATL.
thumb_IMG_1491_1024.jpg

Reactions: WillRunner

Zachariah

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Lincolnton ga
First Name
Zachariah
Last Name
Mcree
Member #

Hey y'all been out of the loop for a good min ..... but I'm back in the 4x4 game now. Any trip plans in the Augusta area.... it's getting nice out let get some thing going. Just fyi there is a thing i Hurd about today call cars and coffee every Saturday at 8am. Could be a cool spot to meet up and then do a small run from there.

Lindenwood

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

New Mexico
First Name
Jay
Last Name
M
Member #

I am having my wife join that facebook group (I dont really know how.....). We are in the FL Panhandle, about 5 hours SW of Atlanta. We would love to come hang with you guys, though!

Uncle O

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor II

Atlanta, Georgia
Member #

Moved up from Savannah to Atlanta. Took the weekend to unplug, do a little camping and ran Bell Mtn (paved now), Tray Mtn, Charlie's Creek, and Dick's Creek. Great weather. Would love to join up over a campfire and coffee.

WillRunner

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loganville, GA
Member #

Sorry y'all, I've been off for a couple months (hectic life)... I'm planning on taking advantage of this weekend and going up to explore Tray Mountain and Helen. Anyone interested?

Reactions: masonlist

WillRunner

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loganville, GA
Member #

Maybe we can meet up somewhere centralized around town sometime this weekend, get acquainted, grab a bite to eat and plan a day/weekend trip to Tray and Bell Mountain...