Anyone in the Atlanta, GA Area?

• HTML tutorial

WillRunner

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loganville, GA
Member #

I'm new to the forum and fairly new to GA (been living here for 7 months), I'd like to get to know some folks here who have a passion for off road adventure and travel like me.

Reactions: Brandon Moebs

Cannon

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Grovetown, GA
Member #

I have only been down here about a year and a half, so not much in GA yet, normally drive up to NC to wheel Uwharrie or Richland road. We have ran the eastern half of the Georgia Traverse(which was an absolute blast!) and plan to run the other half soon. There are apparently some small trails in the augusta area near the lake we are planning to go explore soon as well.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: WillRunner

WillRunner

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loganville, GA
Member #

I have only been down here about a year and a half, so not much in GA yet, normally drive up to NC to wheel Uwharrie or Richland road. We have ran the eastern half of the Georgia Traverse(which was an absolute blast!) and plan to run the other half soon. There are apparently some small trails in the augusta area near the lake we are planning to go explore soon as well.

That sounds very interesting, what's the Georgia Traverse?

I live in johns creek/Alpharetta. Love hitting trails and camping!

Awesome, which trails do you go to?

masonlist

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

johns creek
Member #

Small trails near me they only take about an hour. Not Too much around me I'm planning on going to some fire trails in northern ga near the border

ocpd8518

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor I

Port St Lucie Fl
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Skalkeas
Member #

Hey Guy's. I'm in South Atlanta. Be great meeting up Sometime. My only issue is that Saturdays are spent working. I usually run for the hills on Sunday and spend the night. I've run some of the fireroads up in the Chattahoochie. Bell's Mtn. Spent an unplanned night in Beasley Knob. Listened to the bears plot my death on the Pisgah trail. I'm up for whatever.

Esteban

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Chattanooga, TN 37406
Member #

Hey Guys, representing West Side Atlanta (Howell Mill and I- 75). There is a small group of us doing a single overnight this Sat (2/11) at Pine Log WMA. Last Minute I know, but if you're interested send a PM. Other than that, look forward to meeting you guys in the future.

Esteban

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Chattanooga, TN 37406
Member #

We're basically winging it. I've only been once before with a single rig and we hammock camped. So my knowledge of the place is fairly minimal. But if you don't make it out and we find something nice, ill save coordinates and share.

SursOverland

Rank I

Enthusiast I

lol I was there solo the weekend before last and with a group from the Georgia 4x4 group weekend before last. There's a few area's that are cleared off of the main drives, probably enough space for multiple rigs, tents and a descent sized fire pit. There was also 1 spot I saw someone at that's by a creek. Been wanting to do an overnighter there but sadly this weekend isnt going to work for us. Hit me up next time you guys go, would like to tag along.