Anyone in the Atlanta, GA Area?

• HTML tutorial

Keith McAlister

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Marietta, Georgia
Member #

Not sure what time I'll head out on Monday morning. Do you have a spot picked out in Tellico Plains?
Yes, in the general area of Tenn. 68 and Unicoi Turnpike. We'll make a specific call when we get there and see actual conditions. One reason I'm going up as early as I am. Even if you are later, there is good cell service in Tellico so you will be able to find us as you have my cell number.

Hank.94

Rank V

Explorer I

First Name
Frank
Last Name
Catron
Member #

I'm new to the forum and fairly new to GA (been living here for 7 months), I'd like to get to know some folks here who have a passion for off road adventure and travel like me.
I'm in Rome Ga about an hour or so from you depending upon where you live in Atlanta.

Reactions: WillRunner

Keith McAlister

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Marietta, Georgia
Member #

I ended up driving to tellico Saturday morning and finding a beautiful campsite 16 mikes east of the big field. We watched it in the middle of the river. I had no phone signal whatsoever so I couldn't update anyone
We were in Tellico in the big field at the intersection of Tenn 68 and Unicoi. It was incredible. At sunset tonight my wife and I looked at the sun on the horizon and we both agreed that we will never look at the sun and moon the same way again. We are watching the replay of today's events on NASA TV from across the country and to hear the reactions of people elsewhere sounds exactly like the reactions we heard at Tellico. Today was well worth the early rise 4:45 am and everything else to go and see this. Already talking about a road trip in 2024' to see that eclipse too.

WillRunner

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loganville, GA
Member #

Willrunner I live in Augusta too.... We should hit a trail...

Sent from my Pixel XL using OB Talk mobile app
I’m in Savannah.... not far from Augusta. Always down for a meet up.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
I'd love to meet up with you guys sometime, I live in the Atlanta area but work down in you area roughly once a month. We should find a spot half way!

Reactions: Brewpeddler

Keith McAlister

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Marietta, Georgia
Member #

I'd love to meet up with you guys sometime, I live in the Atlanta area but work down in you area roughly once a month. We should find a spot half way!
Sounds good to me. I like road trips. Half way is even better.

Ya for sure .... I'm down

Sent from my Pixel XL using OB Talk mobile app
Sounds like me.
I'm going to Savannah next week myself.
All,

Check out Oconee WMA as a possible spot that may work for you.

Reactions: WillRunner

Keith McAlister

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Marietta, Georgia
Member #

Doesn’t look like there are any trails to ride there? Or am I missing something?

Can't say for sure. I've heard others speak of it. Just a suggestion to check out which is close to meeting the need of something centrally close. There is also the larger Oconee National Forest to check out too.