Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Midwest
First Name
DJ
Last Name
Drift
Member #

Any chance a guy from Iowa could possibly get in on this? Not a lot going on here in Iowa and I usually make a pilgrimage to Michigan every year. Would be fun to go once in a group.
Hell yeah! You are more than welcomed to join in on the fun. We just have to put it together. So far I haven't heard any serious interest. But once people start seeing an actual plan, that's when they want to jump in on the action. I'll be working on it and hopefully have something ready before spring time.

I plan on doing it on a 3 day weekend. So that would be 2 nights of camping. 1st day would be a meet and greet, check out our rigs and get on the road and get some trail time possibly a night run. 2nd day trails, nature hike?, pictures, etc. Plus stop at a good place for lunch, then possibly we could cook a good dinner over the camp fire as a group or individually. 3rd day depending how far out we are would be a pack up up and go. Maybe have brunch as a group and then part our ways.

What do you guys think?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Reactions: ShawnR

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I think it's a great idea. As this forum grows, there will probably be more interest as well. I know it's tough for people to get away, but, even if there's only a handful of us, that would be good. I think for me to get to Gary, IN is about 3 hours. So I'm usually in Michigan within 4 hours from my home. Are the trails your looking at in the lower portion of Michigan? I belong to a U.P. forum (not much activity) and from the chatter from the Michigan guys, sounds like they've closed off a lot of the ORV trails in the lower. When I take the family to Michigan, usually we go to Traverse City where I went to high school, then off to the U.P. Haven't really done any wheeling in the lower. But yes, post your thoughts and let's see if we can put a plan together. Could be a lot of fun.

Reactions: Drift

Drift

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Midwest
First Name
DJ
Last Name
Drift
Member #

I have Sunday off and I'm thinking of exploring a Ghost Town in Tippecanoe County and possibly a Grave that splits the road south of Indy. Anybody interested?