Anyone in Boise/West Central Idaho?

• HTML tutorial

zgrmns

Rank 0

Traveler I

Just thought I'd post up, two weekends now I've met up with some other locals. We've got a baby due in March, so I'll be glued to my house most of that month. And I'm getting my Axle trussed the weekend of the 16th of Feb. BUT, if anyone wants to get out and explore on one of the upcoming weekends this February, I am game. Gotta get my fix in before I'm housebound.

I would love to get out somewhere. I haven't really had the new power wagon out and i'm looking to stretch its legs a little bit.

Reactions: OffroadTreks

Reichling

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Boise County, ID, USA
Member #

Just thought I'd post up, two weekends now I've met up with some other locals. We've got a baby due in March, so I'll be glued to my house most of that month. And I'm getting my Axle trussed the weekend of the 16th of Feb. BUT, if anyone wants to get out and explore on one of the upcoming weekends this February, I am game. Gotta get my fix in before I'm housebound.

I would up to do something. I am free this weekend but out of town the weekend of the 10th.

Reactions: OffroadTreks

OffroadTreks

Rank IV

Advocate II

Nomad
Member #

I would love to get out somewhere. I haven't really had the new power wagon out and i'm looking to stretch its legs a little bit.
Sounds good, I'd love to see the new truck.

It was a damn fun trip. Keep us posted if you're planning something. I won't be able to do anything from 2/17 - 2/25 but most everything else should be fair game.

I would up to do something. I am free this weekend but out of town the weekend of the 10th.
Alright, so I am game for this Saturday as well as a few others. [Updates over here too]

3 options, depending on a little group feedback.

If anyone wants, we can hit that area over by Succor Creek again, but do the other side. I know a few routes that could be fun, just need to double check the weather and my maps. Likely all easy with some mud mixed in.

Someone else suggested a route out in the Owyhee's or desert or whatever that area is called ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ The Wall to Twin Bridges ... I'm told it could be really soft out there, and that death might await :p . But maybe with an early start and a group, it won't be so bad.

3rd option, there is a guy on Idaho Xpedition Offroad that is planning a snow run, Cascade, Landmark, Stibnite, Yellow Pine, McCall - sounds kind of like an all day thing.

Idaho_Xpedition_Offroad.jpg

If you want to flex your rig, well I don't know where that is yet, unless someone can fill me in ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Reichling

IdahoDan

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Boise, ID
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Engelbreit
Member #

Hey guys! I may be able to join for a Saturday run! All of those sound like great options @BoldAdventure. I would probably not vote to do the snow run this weekend. After living in Valley County for 14 years, I would opt to stay far, far away from the crowds associated with Winter Carnival this weekend, lol. :tonguewink: McCall and Hwy55 can get stupid crazy on the Winter Carnival weekends. Just my thoughts...

Dan

Reichling

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Boise County, ID, USA
Member #

Sounds good, I'd love to see the new truck.

Alright, so I am game for this Saturday as well as a few others. [Updates over here too]

3 options, depending on a little group feedback.

If anyone wants, we can hit that area over by Succor Creek again, but do the other side. I know a few routes that could be fun, just need to double check the weather and my maps. Likely all easy with some mud mixed in.

Someone else suggested a route out in the Owyhee's or desert or whatever that area is called ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ The Wall to Twin Bridges ... I'm told it could be really soft out there, and that death might await :p . But maybe with an early start and a group, it won't be so bad.

3rd option, there is a guy on Idaho Xpedition Offroad that is planning a snow run, Cascade, Landmark, Stibnite, Yellow Pine, McCall - sounds kind of like an all day thing.

View attachment 46584

If you want to flex your rig, well I don't know where that is yet, unless someone can fill me in ;)
Hey guys! I may be able to join for a Saturday run! All of those sound like great options @BoldAdventure. I would probably not vote to do the snow run this weekend. After living in Valley County for 14 years, I would opt to stay far, far away from the crowds associated with Winter Carnival this weekend, lol. :tonguewink: McCall and Hwy55 can get stupid crazy on the Winter Carnival weekends. Just my thoughts...

Dan
@BoldAdventure All sound great but I agree with @IdahoDan that avoiding the Hwy 55 crayzness might be a better :)

OffroadTreks

Rank IV

Advocate II

Nomad
Member #

I am going to stick with the Owyhee's and head over near Succor Creek and Liesel's Gulch. I'd like to avoid sinking in anything. And the Toyo's are mhem in the snow. As fun as that sounds, I would like to be home for dinner.

I'm all for getting an early start. Thinking of meeting around 8am at the K-Mart of Caldwell Blvd. Roll out at 8:15 and gas up at the Shell in Homedale by 8:25. Basically copying someone else in that regard, then head over to the Succor Creek area.

If anyone wants to tag along.

I've got CB and GMRS

OffroadTreks

Rank IV

Advocate II

Nomad
Member #

Boom! Good time, good views.

I learned some interesting facts too about the Three Fingers Gulch that we visited today. Apparently, there are structures down there in the hike we observed, part of a "Wild Horse trap" - "Old stone corrals in Three Finger Gulch used to trap wild horses in the last century."

Also the cave we observed was an Indian Cave. I think it might be worth a hike out there sometime.

ENJOY - And see you again sometime.

------

Reactions: GHCOE

David C Gibbs

Rank VI

Member III

Boise, Idaho
First Name
David
Last Name
Gibbs
Member #

How many of the greater Treasure Valley OB members are headed down to Overland Expo West in May? We are... We're taking a back route avoiding Salt Lake City and Las Vegas going down. I-84 t0 Fed Route 93 South, Over-night in Nevada's oldest State Parks, then around Lake Mead and 93 into Kingman, the I-40 into Flagstaff. We haven't decided which vehicle, if we are tenting it, etc. Anyone else going down?

OffroadTreks

Rank IV

Advocate II

Nomad
Member #

I'm over Overland Expo. It used to be cool. Now it's just overpriced with pushy vendors and camping in a muddy parking lot. The vibe it used to have feels gone compared to previous years. Enjoy though. I'll be in Moab.

Bowtied13

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Boise, Idaho
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Burton
Hey guys I'm new to the forum and new to overlanding too. I grew up in Boise and now live in Caldwell. I currently don't have an "Overlanding" vehicle. But joined the forum as I work on getting one. We've got a bone stock 2011 Honda Pilot with 4wd. So that's been our adventure rig. It does well just doesn't have the clearance I'd like. I took it on a trail in the Owyhee Front last week and it did fine, but I turned around before it got too hairy since it's the wife's daily-driver kid-hauler. I don't know many local trails and would love to explore more.20180306_174353.jpg 20180306_173658.jpg