Anyone have current info on roads around Moab?

• HTML tutorial

Randy.Hill

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Rumford, RI
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Hill
Member #

I'm driving from Phoenix back to Rhode Island and am planning on driving through Moab on Tuesday/Wednesday. I know that a lot of the back roads are closed, but I was wondering about the drive through with heavy mountain snow in the forecast for this weekend.

BPCLFD

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

Sellersburg, IN, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Cox
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
I am not near Moab but sense no one has replied yet, In my times out there the La Sal mountains on the east side of Moab will be closed due to snow almost guaranteed besides that I would think you should be ok

Randy.Hill

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Rumford, RI
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Hill
Member #

I am not near Moab but sense no one has replied yet, In my times out there the La Sal mountains on the east side of Moab will be closed due to snow almost guaranteed besides that I would think you should be ok
Thanks, I'm sitting in a restaurant in Moab now :) seems like the storm that had me nervous passed to the north. Going to be playing tourist tomorrow, checking things out and planning my next trip. I'm thinking I may make the drive from RI an annual trip.

BPCLFD

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

Sellersburg, IN, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Cox
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
If you are a hiker at all go to arches NP and do the delicate arch hike it’s well worth the walk 3.1 mile walk
Check out this trail on AllTrails.