Anyone else from the Great White North (Canada)?

• HTML tutorial

Brendan_McCormick

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Hey Guys!

Just wondering what other members are from North of the Boarder?
I'm based in Luskville, Quebec. At the moment I have a Jeep JK sport as my overland rig. Good for rougher trails and getting away with my dog. Sure i'll upgrade in size when the family gets older.
favorite trails/routes include going up to James Bay and out to the East coast.

Give a shout out!

Brendan
Emblem #455

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

Not actually from Canada, but the folks around me here in Texas think that New Hampshire, where I'm from, is Canada... So to some, I guess I am from the Great White North.

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

I don't get back much. I really miss it up there. There just isn't much to do in the outdoors here. It's all private land. Used to be able to wander off the back deck and hike for a few days.

deeker

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

SW Ontario, Canada
Member #

I'm in London, ON.
There is camping available in conservation areas and parks around here, but not much 'real' off-road driving. I have to drive 3-4 hours to get to the good stuff - both camping and off-roading!

Wolvee

ᕕ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ) ︻デ═一 pew pew
Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

I'm not from Canada but I have been there more times than I could count. Mostly I come from The Detroit side and up in Sault Ste. Marie. Collectively I've spent months on Batchawana bay and Sudbury not counting going into Toronto for business.

For years I've been planning to plan (lol) a trip from Virginia to Toronto over to Saskatoon and back down to Va.

josh-jimenez

Rank 0

Contributor I

I'm in Mississauga, ON.
Just recently got a 2015 Jeep Patriot High Altitude, new to all this but excited to create an awesome overland vehicle and get out there!

If anyone knows any good places to buy parts for a Jeep Patriot, let me know!

Thanks!J.jpg

Brendan_McCormick

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

I'm in Mississauga, ON.
Just recently got a 2015 Jeep Patriot High Altitude, new to all this but excited to create an awesome overland vehicle and get out there!

If anyone knows any good places to buy parts for a Jeep Patriot, let me know!

Thanks!View attachment 11
hi! try out 4wheelparts.com. i've got a bunch of things through them. since you're in Mississauga, shipping wont be that bad i think. everything should be in Canadian dollars..... whatever a canadian dollar is anymore... :(

GammaVenture

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hey gang , I just signed up today. Im on the right coast in Nova Scotia, Cape Breton to be specific and I'm new to over landing but am doing my best to get out and explore as much as I can. My vehicle is a 2013 FJC but I also have a 2003 T4R which is equally awesome for adventuring. Always looking for folks to go wheeling and adventuring with though my problem I've found so far is nobody here wants to take their rigs off road lol. Anyway hope to chat with many of you in the future. Cheers

Attachments

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Welcome aboard, @GammaVenture You are in a part of the world that I want to visit one of these days soon, as it is a reasonable distance from us here in northern Ohio. I think the next time we come to Maine, we'll just keep going!

I'm glad you've found us, and look forward to your adventures.
Steve

Reactions: GammaVenture

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hey gang , I just signed up today. Im on the right coast in Nova Scotia, Cape Breton to be specific and I'm new to over landing but am doing my best to get out and explore as much as I can. My vehicle is a 2013 FJC but I also have a 2003 T4R which is equally awesome for adventuring. Always looking for folks to go wheeling and adventuring with though my problem I've found so far is nobody here wants to take their rigs off road lol. Anyway hope to chat with many of you in the future. Cheers
Welcome to the forum. It's growing every day so I'm sure more people in your area will join soon. I'm in the middle of no where Iowa. Not a lot of Overlanders in my area. Either rock crawlers or soft roaders. Some day I'm going to make it to Canada. Would love to venture around up there.

Reactions: GammaVenture

jz8t1

Rank II

Advocate II

I am also from Canada. South west Ontario.
Im new to overlanding. I had a 81 Toyota Mini Truck that i built of off roading and camping with my two sons.
They out grew the mini so i traded up to a 80 series. (Love it)

I recently built the spare tire swing out and my bro built the rear drawer system.

In the future i would like to get a roof to tent !
that pic was taken on boxing day. So much for the "GREAT WHITE NORTH"

Reactions: ShawnR

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I am also from Canada. South west Ontario.
Im new to overlanding. I had a 81 Toyota Mini Truck that i built of off roading and camping with my two sons.
They out grew the mini so i traded up to a 80 series. (Love it)

I recently built the spare tire swing out and my bro built the rear drawer system.

In the future i would like to get a roof to tent !
that pic was taken on boxing day. So much for the "GREAT WHITE NORTH"
Welcome to the forum. Nice drawer system in the 80. Thought about building something like that for my Wrangler. However, doesn't seem to practical unless I take out the back seats. Trunk space in a Wrangler is very limited unfortunately.

Reactions: jz8t1

jz8t1

Rank II

Advocate II

Thats one of the nice things with the 80 theres tons of cargo space and still seat 5. I removed the third row seating, it was useless!

Reactions: ShawnR

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Thats one of the nice things with the 80 theres tons of cargo space and still seat 5. I removed the third row seating, it was useless!
If money were no object, I'd like to have an 80 series for longer trips. My sister has a Sequoia and it's been a very dependable vehicle for several years now.

deeker

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

SW Ontario, Canada
Member #

@jz8ti - you're on SONTT, too - no? The mini truck looks familiar.

Nice to see more Canadians invading the forum. Eventually we'll bump into one another.