Anyone done a 1st gen crv?

Guest_eea494

Rank 0

Contributor II

68
First Name
Guest
Last Name
Adventurer
I’m tossing the idea of doing some mods to my 2000 honda crv and doing some light overlanding so was looking for some inspiration/ideas. Already planning on a 2inch lift and 215/75/15 at tires and possibly throwing some extra lights on it
 

Attachments

  • media.jpg
    media.jpg
    905.1 KB · Views: 7
In a rally across West Africa earlier this year we came across a pair of early CRV’s in Morocco doing the same event. Never did find out whoose tires he was carrying as those were too large for either vehicle.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0402.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0419.jpeg
    6.6 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: dasmi
Do it!

Get some Yokohama Geolandar AT's on that thing! That lift you are talking about, a small roof rach and some lights and you are more than good to go
 
  • Like
Reactions: DintDobbs
I’ve already been looking at roof racks lol. Found a 64” one on Amazon for roughly 80 bucks and I’m back and forth on doing a 42” light bar coming off the roof rack, ill fab some mounting point outa 1” flat stock I have laying around and possibly put some 3-4” fogs down on the bumper
 
  • Like
Reactions: DintDobbs
I'm late to this party, but a 1st-gen CRV seems like a great platform to work with. They seem to last a long time and have few issues, like any Honda of the generation, and they're small and lightweight enough to get in most of the fun places but big enough that you shouldn't struggle to keep all of the necessary road supplies for truly long distance trips if you felt like it. Hope you've been having fun with it these few months!