Local Expert, Arkansas USA

Experimenter II

Ozark Arkansas
First Name
Mason
Last Name
Berry
Member #

Just purchased a 99 XJ and looking for rear cargo build ideas. Anyone care to share pictures of your setup?

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

I have a platform that folds on top of itself, it has reinforcement boards (playwood) that conveniently hold 3 plano boxes across the rear cargo area. The boxes consist of 1-recovery gear and compressor, 1-fluids for the rig and 1-spare parts.
I also keep many parts under my back seat. IE; axle shafts, belts, hoses, u-joints, wheel-hub
When I plan on sleeping in my rig. I remove the bottom of my rear seat and leave it home. Then I can through the boxes under it and fold out the platform. Because I have a 2-dr and my seats fold forward and with some mats to lay on there is enough room for my wife (driver side) and I me (passsenger side). I'll try and get some pictures together.

BlueLineOverland

Local Expert, Arkansas USA

Experimenter II

Ozark Arkansas
First Name
Mason
Last Name
Berry
Member #

I have a platform that folds on top of itself, it has reinforcement boards (playwood) that conveniently hold 3 plano boxes across the rear cargo area. The boxes consist of 1-recovery gear and compressor, 1-fluids for the rig and 1-spare parts.
I also keep many parts under my back seat. IE; axle shafts, belts, hoses, u-joints, wheel-hub
When I plan on sleeping in my rig. I remove the bottom of my rear seat and leave it home. Then I can through the boxes under it and fold out the platform. Because I have a 2-dr and my seats fold forward and with some mats to lay on there is enough room for my wife (driver side) and I me (passsenger side). I'll try and get some pictures together.

Man, that would be awesome if you could get pictures. That sounds exactly like what I'm wanting to do

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

It would be nice if you could find seats from a 2-door and if you have a 4-door you would have the passenger side doors for an easier exit. But it's not to bad getting out of mine.