Anybody use magnetic body armor for trails?

• HTML tutorial

Jeepjk16

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor I

Panhandle FL, USA
Member #

So I have a 2016 Hard Rock Rubicon Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. Now that we made some updates, we're considering getting some magnetic armor that reduces brush damage and pinstripes going down the side. Has anybody used this for their rig? If so, what brand works the best?

avgjoe624

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Fayetteville, NC, USA
Member #

I had a buddy of mine who had the smittybilt ones on his jeep, the worked pretty well. but since they didn't cover the entire area, when he took them off, he had "new" outlines of them against an otherwise mildly scuffed paintjob. It took some buffing to make it blend in.

with that being said, I now have more than a few battle scars on my jeep that wont buff out. I would say that theyre worth the money.

Reactions: Jeepjk16

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
So I have a 2016 Hard Rock Rubicon Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. Now that we made some updates, we're considering getting some magnetic armor that reduces brush damage and pinstripes going down the side. Has anybody used this for their rig? If so, what brand works the best?
That's the bad thing about a multiple use vehicle, it's hard to keep it pretty unless you stay on good roads. The back woods invites scratches and dents so if that bothers you, you will be limited as to where you can go. Is a jeep a jeep without battle scars is the question I pose. With enough mud on them you will never see the scratches but I can understand your point with the cost of new vehicles these days BEFORE you rig them up.

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
Magnetic armor? Wow. I guess as others have posted, as long as it covers everything, your good. My "Volunteer" placards are pretty big and created nice clean spots in the bush marks. I think something like body wrap down the sides and across the front would work. The DIY stuff isn't too pricey and might look nice if you got something that matches.
I'm buying a new Tacoma next month. This gives me something to look into.

Scott

EDIT: Ok. That stuffs cool. Looked at MEK and Smittybuilt. I like the way MEK covers but I prefer the plain black (I only looked at TJ).
No one makes it for Toyota though. :disrelieved:
Looks like I have a new project to research.

Last edited:

TacomaDave

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Magnetic armor? Wow. I guess as others have posted, as long as it covers everything, your good. My "Volunteer" placards are pretty big and created nice clean spots in the bush marks. I think something like body wrap down the sides and across the front would work. The DIY stuff isn't too pricey and might look nice if you got something that matches.
I'm buying a new Tacoma next month. This gives me something to look into.

Scott

EDIT: Ok. That stuffs cool. Looked at MEK and Smittybuilt. I like the way MEK covers but I prefer the plain black (I only looked at TJ).
No one makes it for Toyota though. :disrelieved:
Looks like I have a new project to research.
These guys make it for Tacoma. Thinking about getting it myself.
Truck body armor - Go Off-road Armor Tech

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

You know about trailscales? It's not magnetic, but it's multiple times thicker than the common wrapping film and made to protect the sides of the jeep.