Anybody planning anything for the weekend of 03/31

• HTML tutorial

Scout

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Jamestown,NY
Member #

Its my birthday weekend. I'm going to be getting out to do something. Not sure what yet..Being a 3rd shifter now, I'll be off from Friday morning until Monday night..Sticking to NY,PA maybe OH or WV..I know its a big area but I'm figuring on staying within 8-10 hrs from home..

Reactions: DVC

Scout

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Jamestown,NY
Member #

possibly starting at the north end of Letchworth State Park and heading towards Watkins Glenn and into the Pocono's. From there into PA a bit further south then heading back towards the Erie area..This is just preliminary for now..

utherjorge

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Warren, PA
Member #

I would but I'm doing the Loyalsock guided thingy on 3/30. I'm now nervous the rig will be ready or not, but here's to hoping.

Reactions: Scout

utherjorge

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Warren, PA
Member #

This is for driving, and I'm not sure all of my rig will be "done," so glad it's not technical stuff. Linky and you'll have to log into BookFace to see it:

Scout

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Jamestown,NY
Member #

Do you have anybody else going along with you? This may be a nice way to spend a day. And I'll still have time to do something else..

utherjorge

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Warren, PA
Member #

You thinking of copiloting or joining with your own rig? Just saying...you seen how small the interior of a Rocky is? We might be snuggling the whole trip :tearsofjoy:

Scout

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Jamestown,NY
Member #

hahaha Sorry.. I'd drive my Tundra.. May bring the wife and dogs..Might have to camp out the night before and or the night afterwards..I emailed them for a bit more info.. Have you done this before?

utherjorge

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Warren, PA
Member #

Brand new for me. Seem like nice fellas, but this would be the first trip evahhhhh. Still having electrical problems, so that's a worry for me at this point. Hoping I can get them locked down.

jishman1

Rank IV
Launch Member

Explorer I

Ludlow, PA, USA
First Name
Jared
Last Name
Ishman
Member #

I’m pretty close to both of you actually....we should all meet up sometime and go out for a ride somewhere. I’m about 30 minutes from Warren and an hour give or take from Jamestown.

utherjorge

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Warren, PA
Member #

I'm game to do something. I'm hoping I can get the electrical system in and done this week with the warm temps. And not have anymore concerns like frying my starting cable...

Reactions: Scout and jishman1

Scout

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Jamestown,NY
Member #

I'm still undecided on what I'm doing, where I'm heading.. I put the metal frame back on the bed the other day.. I'm working on some turn buckle clamps instead of ratchet straps.. Then the canvas and outer frames will go on..After that I'll work on the lights mounted to the roof frame. Soo, I'll be heading somewhere..Me and 1 of the pups..

utherjorge

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Warren, PA
Member #

I have the dual batts in and working, cooling issues solved. The Loyalsock thing seems to be cancelled; they said they went up there and there was ice everywhere still, and they offered fee-free cancellations, so I cancelled. I'm around and free to do something with some notice. Otherwise, I'll simply be looking for some oil road shenanigans. Supposed to be about 60 and rainy. Yum

Scout

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Jamestown,NY
Member #

Well, my Letchworth idea bombed.. I called the park office today and they basically told me to not waste the trip..haha.. Soo, now I'm still looking.. Gotta come up with something before my wife makes my plans..lol.

Reactions: utherjorge

utherjorge

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Warren, PA
Member #

Well, my Letchworth idea bombed.. I called the park office today and they basically told me to not waste the trip..haha.. Soo, now I'm still looking.. Gotta come up with something before my wife makes my plans..lol.
What vehicle are you driving? How badly do you want to get in trouble?

After all, I need to defeat that little goat path that stuck me New Year's Eve Day...