• HTML tutorial

MoreGone

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Mesa, AZ
Member #

Hello,

Baja is at the top of places I would love to explore and checkout. As anticipated, I was laid off work 2 weeks ago and am taking a couple months off. So I am trying to make the most of this time. I know a lot of people report safe adventures, but it feels like Baja is somewhere I would be better going with others, especially experienced baja overlanders.

So if anyone has any trips to Baja coming up that would take a straggler, please let me know.
I am out of Phoenix but will in SoCal visiting friends and family in the coming weeks. I've got Coachella 4/20 - 4/22 and backing Havasupai 5/5-5/9, other than that pretty open schedule.

Thanks,
Morgan

Pic is from last weeks trip to Death Valley

Death Valley 2018-477.jpg

Traveler I

Following this thread. I'm also interested in taggin along on a Baja trip or if someone can plan one out that would be great. I've only been to San Felipe and I normally go for memorial day weekend.

MoreGone

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Mesa, AZ
Member #

Following this thread. I'm also interested in taggin along on a Baja trip or if someone can plan one out that would be great. I've only been to San Felipe and I normally go for memorial day weekend.
In talks with my cousin about doing a trip. He's been a handful of times, but his trips are always planned around good waves for surfing.

He's checking with the wife to see if there is time in May. Might just do a couple nights since he works 4 day weeks and has 3 day weekends every week. His days off are Sun-Tues so we could possibly roll out Saturday evening and head back early Tuesday or something.

I'll keep this thread posted

Reactions: jxmkhn

cgoerrissen

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Chatsworth
Member #

I'll be heading down to Bahia de Los Angeles for a week in June (June 9 - 16), I'll probably go again in the middle of October and then again in January for the Bamako Baja 400, but that will whole different trip.
My mom lives in BoLA so I'm not so much overlanding as i am visiting and vacationing. There is room on our property for anyone who wants to visit as well as utilities and some water toys.

Reactions: Jksilverknight

Traveler I

I'll be heading down to Bahia de Los Angeles for a week in June (June 9 - 16), I'll probably go again in the middle of October and then again in January for the Bamako Baja 400, but that will whole different trip.
My mom lives in BoLA so I'm not so much overlanding as i am visiting and vacationing. There is room on our property for anyone who wants to visit as well as utilities and some water toys.
Nice. For you June trip do you plan going straight down to Bola or do you plan on stopping and camping ?

cgoerrissen

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Chatsworth
Member #

Nice. For you June trip do you plan going straight down to Bola or do you plan on stopping and camping ?
Probably drive straight through on Saturday if I can leave early. Otherwise I’ll camp one night maybe in San Quintin or Catavina. I think I’ll drive HWY 1 again for the first time in several years.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk