Any tacoma’s On stock-33’s with 4.56 gears

• HTML tutorial

Fifty

Rank I

Traveler I

Norcal
It has been brought to my attention that the Tacoma guys possibly run 4.56 diff gearing on their 6 speed autos with stock to 33 inch tires.

I’m wondering if anyone who is could chime in and let me know if it just feels too low?

I’m eventually going to regear when I swap to 35’s, (I’m on 31’s now and 3.42 with an 8 speed in my Colorado v6). Curious to know if I regear first before tires will it just suck.

I do daily it with limited freeway, but when I do go camping etc, there is 2-4 hrs of freeway time.

I care less about the mpg and more about the “engine in an unhappy zinging range on the freeway” and “just seems sooo undergeared” on the street.

Horse Soldier

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Louisville Ky
First Name
B
Last Name
Davis
Member #

It has been brought to my attention that the Tacoma guys possibly run 4.56 diff gearing on their 6 speed autos with stock to 33 inch tires.

I’m wondering if anyone who is could chime in and let me know if it just feels too low?

I’m eventually going to regear when I swap to 35’s, (I’m on 31’s now and 3.42 with an 8 speed in my Colorado v6). Curious to know if I regear first before tires will it just suck.

I do daily it with limited freeway, but when I do go camping etc, there is 2-4 hrs of freeway time.

I care less about the mpg and more about the “engine in an unhappy zinging range on the freeway” and “just seems sooo undergeared” on the street.
My xj and disco 2 both have 4.56 gears and I like 35s, had 33s on the xj and after I upped them the engine rpms dropped a little at highway speed and engine noise decreased. Hope that helps. I still can not believe that Toyota still uses drum brakes on Tacomas.

Fifty

Rank I

Traveler I

Norcal
Which vehicle did you drive the 4.56 gears on 33’s? Do you happen to remember what the trans gear ratios were ( any, 1,2 and or 4,5,6 etc!)