Enthusiast II

Arizona, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Santiago
Member #

Good morning everyone,
I have a 2015 Rubicon and yesterday my check engine light came on. The sway bar disconnect light was also blinking for a while. When I checked the code it was U0414. Possible faulty four wheel drive clutch control module. Harness loose or shorted. Does anyone know what this is or where I can find it to check? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
There have been issues with the connector on the sway bar disconnect mechanism, it is not in the best of places and can get a beating from the elements. This wire harness interfaces with the four wheel drive mechanism and vehicle speed variables as the sway bar will reconnect itself when shifting out of low range and or going to fast. you can try disconnecting the plug at the sway bar disconnect mechanism and look for corroded or damaged terminals, add a bit of dielectric grease and plug it back in. The electric disconnect are also known to have internal issues which can lead to replacement. I have seen this cause issues with the light coming on, but have not had a code pop up. Disconnect unit lives under the front skid plate, easy to remove and access, a couple of companies have a aftermarket disconnect,foruantly mine was just a dirty plug.

Reactions: Davidinaz21

Davidinaz21

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Arizona, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Santiago
Member #

There have been issues with the connector on the sway bar disconnect mechanism, it is not in the best of places and can get a beating from the elements. This wire harness interfaces with the four wheel drive mechanism and vehicle speed variables as the sway bar will reconnect itself when shifting out of low range and or going to fast. you can try disconnecting the plug at the sway bar disconnect mechanism and look for corroded or damaged terminals, add a bit of dielectric grease and plug it back in. The electric disconnect are also known to have internal issues which can lead to replacement. I have seen this cause issues with the light coming on, but have not had a code pop up. Disconnect unit lives under the front skid plate, easy to remove and access, a couple of companies have a aftermarket disconnect,foruantly mine was just a dirty plug.
Thanks, I played with the harness and plug. The light never came back on. I couldn’t figure out how to disconnect it but it seemed to work. Thanks again.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
They leak water so you might check the motor mechanism.

I am moving this off of the the support alert page.