Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Apologies for the late reply. Yes, I'd consider them "upright", as well as comfortable. We've used them for a while now - every day for 145 days' camping. They're as if new ("just out of the box"). We're using them at the moment (a month in the "Coffee Country").
Thanks!

MikeO

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Sweden
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Olofsson
Member #

I'm a huge fan of my Frontrunner Expander chair. It's a bit pricey but it folds down to a 1/16th of it's open size making it a great option when you already have a bunch of other stuff to pack for your trip.
Hi Brett,
Thanks. I was looking at that one and it seems to be quite solid and with a good seating position. Have heard some people who had broken parts at these chairs. What is your experience with that?
Thanks,
Bjoern
Hi,

I have couple of the expander chairs. On mine I noticed just the other day that both have broken parts. There are two metal brackets inside the piping that the frame rests on when folded out. Three out of four on my two chairs are broken. I don’t see how they can be easily replaced. The chairs are about four years old and have seen quite a lot of use. We love the chairs though - even though they are heavy with steel piping they are very comfortable.

Best regards
Mike.

Reactions: Shahn

cug

Rank II

Enthusiast III

San Jose, CA, USA
First Name
Guido
Last Name
GNE
It might be too big and/or too cumbersome for most folks, plus it's out of stock, but I'd like to mention it anyways:

I've had two of these for 10 years, used quite a lot, with the leg extensions they are great on a normal table, without, they are nice lounge style chairs. Much, much more comfortable than ANY other folding chair I've seen or used. I even take them on motorcycle trips, even though they pack rather large and heavy. It's just plain worth it.

Old Tanker

Rank V
Launch Member

Steward I

Norfolk, VA, USA
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Reimer
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
It might be too big and/or too cumbersome for most folks, plus it's out of stock, but I'd like to mention it anyways:

I've had two of these for 10 years, used quite a lot, with the leg extensions they are great on a normal table, without, they are nice lounge style chairs. Much, much more comfortable than ANY other folding chair I've seen or used. I even take them on motorcycle trips, even though they pack rather large and heavy. It's just plain worth it.
+1 on the Kermit chairs. The optional bags are a must if using the extensions and cup holders. Great chairs, very comfortable, and they fold down into a handy size for storage.

slightNine

Rank IV
Investor

Enthusiast III

Yukon, OK, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Hutton
Member #

The frontrunner chairs impressed me when I came across them in the wild.

Then I tried to get some and found them impossible to get at the moment.

Thankfully I found that GCI Outdoors sells the same design minus the larger pocket on the side. Got mine through Academy.

Table height chairs change the game!

Reactions: El-Dracho

genocache

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Boulder Creek, CA, USA
First Name
gene
Last Name
L
Member #

I like sitting in my Kermit chair, I like the small storage and seeming durability(mine is 6yo). What I don't like is the 2 bag storage for the necessary leg extenders and the precise method of roll-up to refit in the bag. Jeez, peoples just a skosh more room! +2 from me. And it fits on my motorcycle!

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

this is my favourite reading chair

zero gravity recliner

IMG_0810.jpeg

and this one for a regular chair

DSCN2885.jpeg

Mikderf

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

California
First Name
Fred
Last Name
K
Member #

Another vote for Front Runner chairs. Pretty close to dining chair height and super sturdy, especially for how compact it folds down. I carry 3 in one of my drawers and it only takes up about a third of the drawer space. Yes, a bit pricey, but worth it in my opinion.

Attachments

Reactions: Viking1204

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
I bought a Frontrunner Expander chair first, then I bought some Helinox when they went on sale. The Helinox are ok but the Frontrunner Expander is definitely more comfortably and studier. My son stole my Frontrunner when he moved out to use as a desk chair but now that he's moved in with his new Wife I told him I wanted my chair back since he says he doesn't need it anymore, I really miss that chair and will probably end up getting another one at some point!

jimmyjamson

Rank I

Contributor III

Switzerland
First Name
jack
Last Name
austin
Hi overlanders,

My camp chair is getting old and here and there seams dissolve and so on. So I am looking for something new before it breaks down in the middle of nowhere.

Currently I have a very cheap one. The funny thing is that I bought it from the supermarket years ago for ten bugs or so and it lastet surpringsingly long.

However, I do not really like the chairs where I sit more in a sofa, I like to be able to sit proper at the table. An upright sitting position would be great and back friendly. Solid. On the other hand small package and reasonable low weight would be great.

So, anything you could recommend on wholesale folding chairs?

Thanks,
Bjoern
Anyone recommend where to buy some padded folding chairs at a good price? I have been looking and seems like the avg price is roughly $100 for a set of 4. Looking for better pricing if it exists.