Any Raptors overland mods on this full size only threads?

• HTML tutorial

Sheepdog

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

San Francisco
First Name
Eddie
Last Name
Wuu
Member #

I would like to see more mods Raptors for overloading and see how other fix their Raptor for overloading. I am close to finishing my and am ready for some nice trips. This truck has a Cobb stage ll installed, Pace Edward rolling bed cover, custom made bed rack that bolted up on top go the bed cover. Power air tank, Rotopaxs, TredPros, Pro eagle jack, BuildRight industry system, Ikamper and more.

Attachments

Sheepdog

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

San Francisco
First Name
Eddie
Last Name
Wuu
Member #

The rack is all custom make by a shop up here in the S.F bay area. I gave the owner my specs and what I wanted on the rack and he'll custom feb one for me. It turn out perfect and excellent work.

Reactions: Supernaut

19mystic96

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Pacifica, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
M
The rack is all custom make by a shop up here in the S.F bay area. I gave the owner my specs and what I wanted on the rack and he'll custom feb one for me. It turn out perfect and excellent work.
nice to see another raptor on here! you've got a great looking truck.

im in SF also, and really like the bed rack you have. you happen to know how much it weighs? and also could you share the fabricator?

Sheepdog

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

San Francisco
First Name
Eddie
Last Name
Wuu
Member #

I am not sure how much it weight, due to the size and bulkiness its hard to get it weighted. But when we were planning it out , I was checking the weight on paper. The tubes are 1.75" metal tubes because they only have 1.5" in aluminum then it's 2". 1.5" it's too wimpy and 2" is too much. I would guess the rack weight in around 150 -165 lbs. Due to it seats/bolts on top of my Pace Edward roll up bed cover and the cover will hold up to 500 lbs. with everything that will be mounted to the rack ( RTT, Rotopax, TredPros, etc..) it'll be close to the weight.

The Shop is out of Oakland California. JSpec Metalworkd. 510-919-2111. jspecfab@gmail.com , Talk to Kevin, he's the owner and fabricator. Great guy and he could make anything you wants.

'

Reactions: 19mystic96

BCMoto

Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

Very nice build you have, sometimes I wish I went with the raptor instead of my Silverado. Do you have more pics of how the rack is mounted?

Sheepdog

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

San Francisco
First Name
Eddie
Last Name
Wuu
Member #

I'll try to post some more pictures of the rack and mounts. It's a simple mount, basally it's mounted to the Pace Edward Ultra grove roller cover with bolts and square nuts. As per Pace Edward their Ultra grove could hold up to 500 lbs of rack and whatever I mount onto the rack. Of cause I won't be doing any very rocky off roading with the way it is mounted but for just some easy off road camping trips, it should be no problem. Hell! the rack look nice on the truck anyway! :-)

Supernaut

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Marc
Last Name
Heinze
Member #

Saw this thread and thought I’d post my 2014 Gen 1 with some pics.

Mods include, Forged Offroad Bump Stop kit with Fox 2.5”s. RPG Stage 4+ suspension (currently being installed), iKamper Skycamp, Dometic CFX35 and Battery, Deaver +3 HD springs, 10lb Powertank CO2, 1 gal Propane, Forged Offroad Prototype Overland rack, 2 ton Pro Eagle Offroad jack, 5 gals spare gas, Roadshower 4L, Maxtraxx x4, Baja Designs S2s x4, Baja Designs ONX6 20” bar and Squadron Pro A pillar lights x4, DeeZee 95DA tool boxes x2..

Avatar1582489650.647547.jpgAvatar1582489679.692918.jpgIMG_0224.JPG

19mystic96

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Pacifica, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
M
Saw this thread and thought I’d post my 2014 Gen 1 with some pics.

Mods include, Forged Offroad Bump Stop kit with Fox 2.5”s. RPG Stage 4+ suspension (currently being installed), iKamper Skycamp, Dometic CFX35 and Battery, Deaver +3 HD springs, 10lb Powertank CO2, 1 gal Propane, Forged Offroad Prototype Overland rack, 2 ton Pro Eagle Offroad jack, 5 gals spare gas, Roadshower 4L, Maxtraxx x4, Baja Designs S2s x4, Baja Designs ONX6 20” bar and Squadron Pro A pillar lights x4, DeeZee 95DA tool boxes x2..

View attachment 141394View attachment 141395View attachment 141396
Nice setup!

where’s the dometic go?

Sheepdog

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

San Francisco
First Name
Eddie
Last Name
Wuu
Member #

Excellent set up. I, too have the 10lb power tank in blue. Used it once and loved it. ikamper skycap, 3 ton Pro Eagle jack, TredPro x4, Rotopax 4 gal gas x2, Rotopax water 2 gal x2, KrazyBeaver , Thinking about installing the Deaver +2 spring. Here's a question on the Deaver, do you or did you have any problem with the Deaver spring after you install? i.e spring squeaky noise, hash ride etc..... Thanks.

Supernaut

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

First Name
Marc
Last Name
Heinze
Member #

Excellent set up. I, too have the 10lb power tank in blue. Used it once and loved it. ikamper skycap, 3 ton Pro Eagle jack, TredPro x4, Rotopax 4 gal gas x2, Rotopax water 2 gal x2, KrazyBeaver , Thinking about installing the Deaver +2 spring. Here's a question on the Deaver, do you or did you have any problem with the Deaver spring after you install? i.e spring squeaky noise, hash ride etc..... Thanks.
The only issue I had with the Deavers was a shackle bolt rubbing up against another metal part. It was easily fixed by moving the shackle a bit. No other fitment of noise issues.

I’d consider the +3 HDs with all the weight you’re carrying. Especially without bumps stops. The +3 SDs weren’t cutting it for me. A definite squat under load. FYI, the Deavers will rust easily. Keep them coated if you can.

I love the powertank. Use it for tires, pressurizing the roadshower, and running air tools. Having an impact wrench when you gotta change a wheel in the bush is a real game changer. I even used it with a nail gun to repair the fences in my backyard.

Supernaut

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

First Name
Marc
Last Name
Heinze
Member #

I dont have a raptor but ide like to know if i can go
For sure. Absolutely.

We have a decent off road club at work and I’ve mostly been out with those guys. About time for a trip with the OB crew. Heck, it’s why I joined.

I’ve been to going to Death Valley a few times a year for over 10 years now. I know it pretty well.

I’d be happy to put together a trip and post a rally point on the OB app.

I’m thinking April and making it a 3 day weekend. Let me know what dates you all prefer.

Stoked!

19mystic96

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Pacifica, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
M
For sure. Absolutely.

We have a decent off road club at work and I’ve mostly been out with those guys. About time for a trip with the OB crew. Heck, it’s why I joined.

I’ve been to going to Death Valley a few times a year for over 10 years now. I know it pretty well.

I’d be happy to put together a trip and post a rally point on the OB app.

I’m thinking April and making it a 3 day weekend. Let me know what dates you all prefer.

Stoked!
ughhhhh my april/may is pretty much all booked up. guess there's always next time