Launch Member

Advocate III

Tecate, Baja California, Mexico
First Name
ALEX
Last Name
CASTELANO
Member #

Just wanted to know if anyone is planning a trip down to Baja any time soon (Early Fall)??? I have a few routes planned out if any one is interested in maybe planning something out or maybe want to join me you are more than welcome. 20190608210817_IMG_5433.JPG

semi_driver

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Florida
First Name
David
Last Name
Bukovza
Not planing a trip to Baja but I’d like to know a mod list for your LX?
Thanks

Alex Castelano

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
ALEX
Last Name
CASTELANO
Member #

Not planing a trip to Baja but I’d like to know a mod list for your LX?
Thanks
35 inch KO2's on a 2 ½ OME Heavy Duty Lift with the Slee Off Road dif drop kit, I had to custom make a spacer for the dif drop kit because the cv axles still had a tight angle. And I have a shop here in San Diego so I custom made my front and rear Bumpers, rock sliders, and roof rack. If you're interested in any quality custom fabrication at a very reasonable price let me know, all my work is guaranteed. Screenshot_20190917-020011_Gallery.jpegScreenshot_20190917-015936_Gallery.jpeg

Reactions: semi_driver

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

Do you surf, kayak or fish? I go there quite a bit to do those things. I go and post up for a week or two.

Alex Castelano

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
ALEX
Last Name
CASTELANO
Member #

Do you surf, kayak or fish? I go there quite a bit to do those things. I go and post up for a week or two.
I love to fish and kayak, I've actually been looking into getting one sometime in the near future. They have some really nice spots out in Ensenada (La Bufadora). But I'm more into hiking, camping, rock climbing. So if you lime any of that let me know I have lots of gear. Screenshot_20190917-152930_Gallery.jpeg

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

I sold my rack 25+ years ago. Had a least that much fear plus 200+ pins, 150 bieners and other wall gear. There is some insane climbing there. We did the Pan American,on El Gran Trono Blanco in the mid 80s. There wasn't any beta at the time for the free routes. You looked at the route and started up, bailed if you couldn't send it. Good times.
Cativina has routes but long approaches. Tons of bouldering too.

Reactions: Alex Castelano

Alex Castelano

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
ALEX
Last Name
CASTELANO
Member #

I sold my rack 25+ years ago. Had a least that much fear plus 200+ pins, 150 bieners and other wall gear. There is some insane climbing there. We did the Pan American,on El Gran Trono Blanco in the mid 80s. There wasn't any beta at the time for the free routes. You looked at the route and started up, bailed if you couldn't send it. Good times.
Cativina has routes but long approaches. Tons of bouldering too.
Nice!!!
I'm actually doing Trono Blanco this weekend. And actually a really good friend of mine was the one that made those routes there and in El Tajo (next to Trono Blanco) he's from San Diego, John Smallwood. He actually still goes out there sometimes and do some maintenance.

Reactions: MMc

Utahlasvegas

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Laughlin, NV, USA
First Name
Beau
Last Name
Rogers
Member #

My cousin and I are talking about heading down there for my spring break (March 13 - 22). If that's a good time for you, let me know. It would be great to get a good group of people together.

AL.WVSN

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Jose, CA, USA
First Name
Al
Last Name
Mofo
Member #

This has been on my list. Let me know the dates and if it's ok, I'm down to go with my Land Rover.

EDIT. I'm down to go in a month or two :)

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

If you need Ideas let me know. It will be kinda hot on the sea of cortez side, windy on the Pacific in the middle.

OkieMizzou

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Darby, Montana, USA
First Name
Tracy
Last Name
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7MTP
I love to fish and kayak, I've actually been looking into getting one sometime in the near future. They have some really nice spots out in Ensenada (La Bufadora). But I'm more into hiking, camping, rock climbing. So if you lime any of that let me know I have lots of gear. View attachment 117876
I'm not a rock climber but I damn sure like your level of commitment to the sport. Impressive! That's the way a gear locker should look.