Cedar Park, TX, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Harriger
Member #

Service Branch
USCG
Here's mine. So far just a Wilco spare tire holder and a Chief Products roof rack. (Anyone know if Chief Products is still in business? Yep... they are. Spoke to their customer service team yesterday). This is before I added the rack frame piece, which I have found to dramatically reduce wind noise.

IMG_0060.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Cal-Dogg

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Currently shopping...found a couple of blogger sites I’m enjoying maybe y’all will also...

www.2180miles.com
and
www.chasingstarsindirtycars.com

Hopefully more to follow sooner than later...
I'm going to be selling my '17 WK2 Trailhawk with the 5.7 Hemi and Trailhawk Luxury Group soon. If you scroll back in this thread you'll see my Trackhawk, which we've sold, and orderd the wife a TRX. I bought it about a year ago and I've taken it on a several Overlanding trips, mostly with my SoCal Teardrop trailer. I'm selling the trailer, and bought a FWC for my pickup, so I no longer have a use for the Trailhawk. It's the wife's DD right now, but when her TRX shows up it'll be for sale. We were probably just going to trade it in, but if you're interested let me know. It'll have around 40k miles on it at that point (probably less, I think it's around 37k now) and is overall very clean. I removed the badges and hood vinyl, and had it ceramic coated shortly after getting it. It has leveling rods in the front and BFG KO2s in 275/65-18" (+1" basically). I have a matching full size spare on a OEM Trailhawk wheel for it too. Honestly, it'll probably be easiest for us to just trade it in, but if an OB member is interested, I'd let it go at a fair price (equivalent to what the dealer would give us, accounting for the fact that in NV you don't pay sale's tax on your trade-in value on the purchase of the new vehicle).

a2.jpg
a17.jpeg
After.png
HH3.jpg

It's more capable than most would think:

-TJ

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

I just switched from the bronco sport Outer Banks to a 2018 jeep grand Cherokee limited WK two as I just posted on army RNs Alaska thread it got backed into less than 30 days after I got it by an Asian lady who didn’t look like she was tall enough to drive her giant Subaru Forrester it may end up taking seven months in the body shop waiting for parts and repairs. So it does appear to be cosmetic I might just say screw it leave it as is or purchase another grand Cherokee perhaps a different trim level with more of the features I actually wanted to drive while that one is being repaired I was unaware of the capability of the grand Cherokee I only knew that it existed and that it had a low range transfer case the more I read about the more I research it the more I think I stumbled upon the right vehicle it really is the best fit for most overland activities
Hey TJ, TJ here... I suggest you take a second, a few deep breaths, and rethink/rewrite your post. First, I hardly think the race of the lady who backed into your vehicle is relevant or material to your post. Second, without some punctuation it's pretty hard to actually read your post. Third, I'm not sure there's a point, or question in your ramblings.

All of that said, if you're considering another WK2 for your needs, and assuming you're in Alaska and into Overlanding, I'd say you should look for a Trailhawk model. Having owned 3 WK2s now, and driven many more, I'd personally suggest finding a 5.7L Hemi WK2 Trailhawk. On paper the MPG difference between the V6 and 5.7 V8 models is significant, but in practice they actually return very similar fuel mileage and the driving experience and capability of the Hemi easily makes up for the minor fuel mileage penalty.

-TJ