Any other International folks?

• HTML tutorial

Scout

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Jamestown,NY
Member #

I have a 66 Scout 800 on a 70 4x4 chassis. What I purchased, a mere 10 years ago, was a 1970 Scout 4x4 chassis with a 1972 350, 4 speed and transfer case, already mounted, from a Chevy Blazer. It was sitting on stock DANA axles and mismatched 29 and 30" tires..Also with the deal was 1966 2wd right hand drive Montana mail truck..the frame was pretty trashed but the complete body was in pretty good shape, surprisingly. School bus yellow and had an inline 4 cyl automatic.

The 1st thing I did was to get the body off the 2wd frame and onto the 4 wd chassis. I did that within the 1st week of owning it. Not too bad to do in a 1 car garage with a cherry picker and some landscape timbers and 55 gallon drums..

I've had a direction since the beginning. It has taken much longer than anticipated due to LIFE getting in the way..As it sits now, I have 33" Super Swamper TruXus tires, 1980 DANA 44's with 3.70 gears, front seats from a Polaris Razr side by side, Auto Meter gauges from a previous street/strip race truck, custom built 25 gallon s/s gas tank, 4 wheel disc brakes, custom s/s rad support, 2003 Jeep GC power steering gear box, custom front steering Z bar, boxed front and rear winch bumpers, 1968 Corvette disc brake master cylinder, Scout II tilt steering column, military Hummer gas pedal, etc etc..

I still need to plumb the fuel and brakes, wire the complete vehicle {I have a 10 circuit harness}, finish the steering, get the shocks mounted {weld on mounts}, purchase shocks, build interior rear storage drawers behind stock Scout rear seat, install hidden storage bins {cant say where,lol}, figure out if I want a Holley truck carb or an aftermarket, self learning efi set up, etc etc..

Heres a link to the the build.. I haven't uploaded any recents of the brakes, etc to how it sets now.. But this shows you what I have..I had hoped to get more done this summer. We will see..

http://s242.photobucket.com/user/KatFysh-4/library/Girl Scout

Reactions: Rusty burbin

Rusty burbin

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hesperia, CA 92345, USA
First Name
Jonah
Last Name
Gregg
Member #

I'm not in a scout but I am in an old rig. A 1970 k20 Chevy Suburban that I have put tons of love and money into. It's great to see another old ride here on the forum! I think we're cut from the same cloth... I do all my own work from the carb to the hand made bumpers and everything in between.

Rustyburbin from SoCal 5 kids, wife, dog and a 1970 K20 Suburban

Reactions: Scout

Scout

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Jamestown,NY
Member #

MAN, its been quite awhile since I looked at my photo album above.. Lol.. thanks for reviving this post.. Welcome aboard guys.. You can really learn a lot from the great folks on this site..