Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
1976 CJ5. 304 V8 T150 transmission, Dana 20 Tcase, AMC 20, DANA 30. Not really something I use for "overlanding" yet havent built that trust up. But I would eventually like to take it on longer trips. Its mostly used right now as a gravel road runner and around town runabout while i iron out kinks from having it down to the frame.

Also have a 1995 XJ Cherokee that is my daily driver And primary long distance vehicle.

20201231_205624.jpg

20190310_134509.jpg

Shamu

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alamogordo, New Mexico
First Name
John
Last Name
Markle
Member #

2004 TJ Rubicon w/5-spd manual. Minor improvements for off-roading/camping, nothing wild. Rockhard 4x4 front & rear bumpers and sliders. She used to have a Rockhard swing out tire carrier with lt & rt Jerry can holders but noticed stability issues after bumps at highway speeds and harder to open if not parked on a flat surface (Close to 100 lbs of steel hanging on the rear bumper not incl spare & 2x5g Jerry cans of gas). Replaced with a Morryde hvy duty tailgate hinge (able to carry 2x2g Rotopax on a modified Evo JK spare tire mount). 2” Teraflex spring lift on Cooper ATP LT265/75R16. Recently R&R’d the worn rear spring (and spacers) with OME hvy duty 2” springs. Teraflex BellyUp (tummy tuck) with Old Dog eng mount and Tom Woods rear drive shaft. Metalcloak upper & lower control arms (ft & rr). Genright extended range gas tank. Yakima roof rack on their hardtop rails.

Yesterday at the top of the Prehistoric Trackways National Monument’s Presidential Staircase:
1609473566220.jpeg

Reactions: Downs and Ubiety

Life of Trevor

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Midland, TX, USA
First Name
Trevor
Last Name
Martin
Member #

you call a TJ an older Jeep !!

Well ok heres mine.

View attachment 181873

I was all enthused cuz I think old is like CJ, J2000, Gladiator.
well I mean... originally I was going to ask to just see 2 door jeeps but in general tj and under is rare to see used for Overlanding for many reasons. also, I don't consider a tj old as much as just older... sad reality is its almost 20 years old now so it's getting there!

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

It's not a 2 door, but it is 21 years old. '00 WJ 3" lift (soon to be 4.5") 33's, 242hd t case swap, trail Forged stubby bumper with custom wings, home built rear bumper/tire carrier, rear seat delete with storage boxes and more to come this winter.
20200802_113835.jpg

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Built shelves to improve organization and ease of access. A Gazelle T3 tent fits perfectly across the back.
I like that. May have to steal some of it for my CJ when I trust it enough for solo or 2 person trips. Modular/removable for when I'm home and dont' need that.

Reactions: Ubiety and Shamu