Rank VIII

Steward I

Kyle, Texas, United States
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Lindquist
Member #

It is the National Outdoor Leadership School. They are based out of Wyoming but have facilities and semesters all over the world from Patagonia to India, the Tetons, Mexico, Alaska... all over! Mine was in Washington and Canada where we summited Mt. Baker, rock climbed, sailed and backpacked. NOLS teaches LNT courses and has many of the same stewardship principals as OB so it seems like a place grads would be involved.

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
It is the National Outdoor Leadership School. They are based out of Wyoming but have facilities and semesters all over the world from Patagonia to India, the Tetons, Mexico, Alaska... all over! Mine was in Washington and Canada where we summited Mt. Baker, rock climbed, sailed and backpacked. NOLS teaches LNT courses and has many of the same stewardship principals as OB so it seems like a place grads would be involved.
When I looked NOLS up I wished it was an option in the Stone Age when I was in school; but we pretty much rubbed two rocks together for fire back then ;)

Mt Baker captivates me, from the Seattle area (South) it is uniform and pointy, looking at it from the Western side it looks completely different. View of Baker from Lummi Island…

1649862961733.jpeg

Reactions: Rav4_Overland

Rav4_Overland

Rank VIII

Steward I

Kyle, Texas, United States
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Lindquist
Member #

When I looked NOLS up I wished it was an option in the Stone Age when I was in school; but we pretty much rubbed two rocks together for fire back then ;)

Mt Baker captivates me, from the Seattle area (South) it is uniform and pointy, looking at it from the Western side it looks completely different. View of Baker from Lummi Island…

View attachment 227851
Great shot of Baker! It is a beautiful place indeed. We backpacked through the Pasayten Wilderness and it's beautiful country. I moved to Texas six years ago from Northern California and not a day goes by that I don't miss the PNW. Mountaineering on Bakers glaciers and hitting the summit above the clouds was breathtaking!

Reactions: Ubiety