• HTML tutorial

Enthusiast III

Thompson-Nicola Regional District, British Columbia, Canada
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Masters
Member #

My wife is being transferred to Clinton sometime this summer, any one in that area? Or have any tips for places to explore? I know a bit of the area, I’ve explored Carpenter lake a bit, so I know I can take the big bar ferry. I’ve hauled logs from between Clearwater and 100 mile so I know a few of the areas around there, and the inter lakes are to Bonaparte lake.

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

The Hurley Pass is a famous 4x4 route that will take you down to Pemberton, BC. If you want to keep going, you can shoot over to Lillooet Lake and take the FSR south to Harrison Hot Springs. There's a bridge out presently on the road formerly known as Harrison West, but there's a fairly easy water crossing to bypass it. Harrison Hot Springs is a neat little resort town. Sloquet Hot Springs is also in the back country along the West Harrison route. Cheers!

I should mention, if you don't want to do West Harrison but don't want to go back along the Hurley, there's a connection with HW1 in the Fraser Canyon that can take you back up north again, and Fraser Canyon has a lot to offer on its own.

Enthusiast III

Thompson-Nicola Regional District, British Columbia, Canada
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Masters
Member #

The Hurley Pass is a famous 4x4 route that will take you down to Pemberton, BC. If you want to keep going, you can shoot over to Lillooet Lake and take the FSR south to Harrison Hot Springs. There's a bridge out presently on the road formerly known as Harrison West, but there's a fairly easy water crossing to bypass it. Harrison Hot Springs is a neat little resort town. Sloquet Hot Springs is also in the back country along the West Harrison route. Cheers!

I should mention, if you don't want to do West Harrison but don't want to go back along the Hurley, there's a connection with HW1 in the Fraser Canyon that can take you back up north again, and Fraser Canyon has a lot to offer on its own.
We actually did a trip out through pemberton, we had planned on doing the Hurley, it still had tons on snow on it, but we all had 35’s and winches. Then we found out there wasn’t fuel in goldbridge at that time, so we decided that was not the best plan, so we took the high line road out of pemberton to carpenter lake. We stayed at Tyax lodge and explored from there, we hit the pioneer mine, tried to get up poison mountain but got turned back due to snow, carpenter lake was low enough we could explore the old minto camp. Here’s the video I did of the trip.

Reactions: CR-Venturer