Any Full Sized Truck Builds? Looking for Ideas

• HTML tutorial

BrandonY

Rank 0

Traveler I

I am building my 2004 Sierra 1500 and needing ideas. I am unsure if I want to buy a camper top and do all the storage in the bed or remove the back seat and do some interior storage and keep my pace edwards bed cover and do minimal exterior storage.

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

Depending on the terrain you plan to tackle, the first thing I would look at is the length. WB is going to change so a lift maybe needed to avoid some high centering. the steering components on these trucks are a weak link and should be addressed according to build style.
On my SD I have a simple camper shell and makes things pretty simple for regular camping without setting up the inside with dedicated platforms. though I would love to add a 4 wheel camper in there.

boss324

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Tracy California
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Castro
Member #

Defiantly work on the suspension, steering and tire s first. I'd check Cognito for steering brace along with bump stops.

The other Sean

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Minneapolis
Member #

Look at what gear you will be carrying. I have my gear separated in to "dirty" and "clean". all clothes, bedding, pillows and things frequently needed while on road go in the cab and anything that can get a little dirty or damp go in the bed under the cover. Make your decision based on that.

BrandonY

Rank 0

Traveler I

Depending on the terrain you plan to tackle, the first thing I would look at is the length. WB is going to change so a lift maybe needed to avoid some high centering. the steering components on these trucks are a weak link and should be addressed according to build style.
On my SD I have a simple camper shell and makes things pretty simple for regular camping without setting up the inside with dedicated platforms. though I would love to add a 4 wheel camper in there.
Defiantly work on the suspension, steering and tire s first. I'd check Cognito for steering brace along with bump stops.
I will be doing a 3" lift as well as 1500HD suspension components.

IronPercheron

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sweeny Texas
Member #

I have a gas superduty, because its lighter that diesel, has 6 speed trans with a manual mode, hill assist, has 1 ton solid axles, coils in front, selectable rear locker all stock and is affordable

315's and a set if bumper so far and it goes places i shouldnt be taking it as big as it is.

Jswift716

Rank 0

Contributor I

Skip the lift and 1500 stuff and see if you cant get away with bolting on the diesels models suspension. The drivetrains heavier so its made to handle more. On yours itd give you lift and beef